Check out the new Bad ASS Mice!!
406 C.I.
811 HP @ 6000 rpm

Pfaffe & Whipple got it going on!!
Attached Thumbnails 2HP per CI,  Small Block ,92 Octane-dsc00125.jpg  

Old 10-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats more HP than I am pushing. Lets hope the bottom does't fall thru again. (sorry just had to)
Old 10-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Cat & Mice

Ha ! Ha !

I guess I had that coming!!

I am pretty confident that these will hold up. First of all I am not going to be running at max RPM very often if ever. With new props and gears I think this boat will go well over 140mph and I have no intention of going that fast. The way I look at it I will only be using about 30-40% of the power. My boat went plenty fast before with 600hp. Also these are built right. they are a far cry from stock bottom ends.

Now we just need to see how the drives hold up

Pyle

Old 10-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Registered

more info!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You know whats coming now .....

"If your not going to use it ,why did you build it " ??
Come on , somebody say it ........

YOu know it's coming !!
I know why . Because you can CRUISE faster without have the motor maxed out . Thats what I like . Cruise at 70mph at 3200-3400 rpm's !! Of course it is always there just in case ! Good luck with it .
Old 10-10-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

No such thing as TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER!
Old 10-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Cat & Mice

Boot, you are right.

To make that kind of power we had 14 lbs of boost. I can just get a larger pully and run about 8-10 lbs and then I will have a ton of head room. I will also have what my old engines did under full boost.

Turbo, Amen!!

Timucin,
28 Eliminator Daytona LP with Twin Small blocks, Hence "Cat & Mice". Imco Drives, Imco Full Hyd steering

The engines are Dart SBC block's 406ci with Dart Aluim. Heads(totally worked over). Lunati Crank and Rods, Ross pistons, Isky cam, Crane Gold Rockers, Isky Valve srpings, Imco Powerflow, Whipple 3.3 Ltr Blower, Huge Throttle Body, Merc MEFI 3 ECU, & Whipple Intercooler

Pfaffe built the Long Block's and Whipple Did the rest. Whipple has done a Awesome job of building this custom Kit. I didn't think we would make this much power.

I have the Dyno sheets if anyone is interested.

Pyle

Old 10-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Registered

Mike,

I'm going to be at Lake Powell this Weekend Sat - Tues. Any chance you're going down?

Shane
Old 10-10-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

C&M- I'm game. Curious about low end torque & when/where boost is coming in. I am assuming you are going to need race gas with 14lbs boost.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:03 PM
Cat & Mice

Kokopelli, No can't go to Powell. We are actually going to pickup the boat this weekend, I Hope. Dustin is working on getting the motor back in the boat. We are hoping he will bring it to Havasu so we can break it in there.

TurboJack, I am still laughing about the Tongue weight thing. The engine pulled the 811hp with 100 octane in the tank but it had no detonation at all so we are confident that we could get really close with 92 octane. I always run a mix anyway, it helps to have a little insurance. With the combination of the super efficient intercooler and the huge amount of water going thru the engine it can handle a lot of boost. The blower is also turning slow so it does not create heat. My last motors actually lived with 15lbs of boost (I don’t want to here it )

Pyle

Quick Reply: 2HP per CI, Small Block ,92 Octane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.