Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Curve Ball to All Racers!!!!! Must See (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/63206-curve-ball-all-racers-must-see.html)

Roger 1 11-08-2003 10:17 AM

Originally posted by Too Old
Well, when you told me you needed a go-for to pick up lunch and such, I knew you had your man.:p

That is my area of expertise! OK, now who wanted the Whopper no mayo?

There are some things that are best left to the professionals.:D

THEJOKER 11-08-2003 10:43 AM

a must class

I'd like to see this class.

Single engine V- bottom - 24/29 ft
Any motor application.
Bravo 1 drive
Open Cockpit

BH

sean stinson 11-08-2003 10:55 AM

Re: a must class

Originally posted by THEJOKER
I'd like to see this class.

Single engine V- bottom - 24/29 ft
Any motor application.
Bravo 1 drive
Open Cockpit

BH

Hey Brian

That would fall into the Manufacturers 1 class
Any engine Bravo Drive or Volvo Drive for Reindell Powerboats to get interested.

Do you think that this would be a problem.

Sean

sean stinson 11-09-2003 10:23 AM

Still looking for suggestions and ideas

sean stinson 11-09-2003 08:39 PM

Re: Re: a must class

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by MrOffshore
I agree 100%...let me know when and where, I think this could be interesting, though I would like to see the engine specifications controlled simply by horsepower or at least open to other drives such as the DPX...I think you know where I'm going with this!

MrOffshore

As I have stated there are 2 manufacturers classes 1 and 2 for single and twin engine.

The only requirement is that you must run a brovo or volvo drive any type of each but must be one or the other. You can run any engine configuration on them so if you think 800 HP in front of either one will let the drive live for 400 miles god bless you.

Once again the classes being discussed are as follows

1) Unlimited
2) Super Twin Normally aspirated/any drive
3) Super Sngl Normally aspirated/any drive
4) Manufacturers 2 any engine/bravo or volvo drive
5) Manufacturers 1 any engine/bravo or volvo drive

Manufacturers Classes must be open cockpit
1/4 canopy setup such as Donzi F2 design boats are allowed Bat Boats with open cockpit are allowed. Full Canopy boats fall into Super or Unlimited classes.

Contact me for addl info and/or input and suggestions.

Sean Stinson

sean stinson 11-12-2003 08:01 AM

TTT

THEJOKER 11-12-2003 10:20 AM

I've had several calls about building an endurance race boat. Make this happen guy's. BH

C_Spray 11-12-2003 08:17 PM

Re: Re: a must class

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by MrOffshore
...at least open to other drives such as the DPX...I think you know where I'm going with this!
Here? It's semi-canopy, so it's "Manufacturers 1"....:

IceAngel 11-12-2003 08:43 PM

Sean says "Yes, Absolutely...Ding Ding Ding We Have a Winner"

In all seriousness...that is the type of boat we are looking for in that Class. All F-1 boats will be eligible. I need input on this thought, the outboard boats, do you feel parity will be maintained if we put the single and twin outboard boats in this class also?

Thanks

Terra & Sean

NASTY HABIT 11-12-2003 09:19 PM

I can not see many passing up an event such as this...l. If/ when this becomes reality I will be running in it.