Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2005 c6 corvette? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/63441-2005-c6-corvette.html)

45sonic 11-13-2003 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Curt
Here is another horsepower lovin female:cool:
AWESOME!:p

LapseofReason 11-13-2003 09:31 AM

What you can't even have both headlights in that thing. The bike's you have been beating are being ridden by guy's who need to buy truck's. And if it's only fast from a 70 mph roll then it's a total piece of crap. What the clutch chatter is so bad 70 is as slow as you can start a race. Make's boats look like good use of cash. It looks to me like 60k for a car thats a tic faster than a stock Vette that handles worse and will blow up every 5k mile's. Drive it to Virgina and I'll line up 20 people on stock or very close to stock bikes that will hand you your a$$ over and over again in any kind of race. I know 90% of the street riders out there have know idea how to ride, those must be who you are getting and the smart one's see it like I do that a race from 70 is stupid. There is no way launching your car from a dead stop is as hard as launching a busa from 12k RPM's. When was the last time you were running behind your car trying to get the front wheels back on the ground.

mr_velocity 11-13-2003 09:46 AM

This just in from my friend.

Went to Atco for the day on Monday. I ran an 11.45 at over 119 mph braking an 11.55 second record for a Z06.
I broke the half shaft. On the last run of the day I wanted to go all out so I tried to launch at 6000 rpm and it snapped.

Burnout pics

Curt 11-13-2003 10:16 AM

Originally posted by mr_velocity
This just in from my friend.

Went to Atco for the day on Monday. I ran an 11.45 at over 119 mph braking an 11.55 second record for a Z06.
I broke the half shaft. On the last run of the day I wanted to go all out so I tried to launch at 6000 rpm and it snapped.

Burnout pics

WOW! That's major league haulin the bacon. He must have some serious race tires on the back of that thing, at least he did before that burnout :D, because if I ever left the line at 6000 rpm my tires would vaporize into black powder! I can't get enough traction off the line to break anything.

39NAS-T 11-13-2003 10:34 AM

I like both cars but I think that the corvette is a better bang for your buck because for the extra 25 grand you can build the vette alot better than the viper in every way. As for the eairler post about the Dodge SRT's the SRT Ram is not that great of a performer Motor Trend said 13.8 in the 1/4 and 5.2 0-60. Stock Lightnings the gen 2 mind you are beating those times. Not to mention the price difference again. I have a modified Lightning and it is always fun to mess with Z0-6 and Porsche Turbo's and vipers, with a dirtbike in the back it gets people real frustrated. I am not stock though and you cannot do that in a stock Lightning just to make my self clear. Muscle cars in general are all fun though.
Hunter

robyw1 11-13-2003 10:44 AM

Originally posted by 39'NAS-T
I like both cars but I think that the corvette is a better bang for your buck because for the extra 25 grand you can build the vette alot better than the viper in every way. As for the eairler post about the Dodge SRT's the SRT Ram is not that great of a performer Motor Trend said 13.8 in the 1/4 and 5.2 0-60. Stock Lightnings the gen 2 mind you are beating those times. Not to mention the price difference again. I have a modified Lightning and it is always fun to mess with Z0-6 and Porsche Turbo's and vipers, with a dirtbike in the back it gets people real frustrated. I am not stock though and you cannot do that in a stock Lightning just to make my self clear. Muscle cars in general are all fun though.
Hunter

Yea but you know you can't say that here because someone will always tell you why you were able to many times but shouldn't have been and can't under normal circumstances. Now if there is a Ford Lightning hater that see this thread the post count will exceed your numbers of horsepower.

:rolleyes:
Roby

39NAS-T 11-13-2003 10:50 AM

I know and I sit back and laugh. I actually just threw a rod in the lightning. That is the weak point in these trucks. I had the Kenne Bell supercharger and was pushing 17lbs of boost. Now I am going to do the built motor and will have a lot of fun with it this summer. I am shooting for 10's. Not bad for a daily driven truck.
Later
Hunter

IHTFP 11-13-2003 12:37 PM

I still can't get over the fact that Vipers sound like UPS trucks. Why is that, is it the result of the harmonics of 10 cylinders versus 8? I'm working on a contract in L.A. and I walk up and down the Avenue of the Stars at least four times a day. There are Vipers, Vettes, 911 Turbos, 911 Carreras, Ferarris, Lambos, Maseratis, you name it, it is out here. ( By the way, the Lambo's definitely have the coolest sound, but they also cost $$$$$$$. ) If I had the money, I still woudn't buy a Viper, because they just sound like crap. They always have. I remember back in college, we had a week where many car companies would come and display their new cars in front of the engineering building. This was back in 90 or 91. There was a crowd gathered around the Viper, and the students were urging the engineer to start it up. At first he refused but he finally agreed to start it up. As you could imagine, the students all expected that it would sound like a Sterling with dry pipes, but instead, we got a UPS Truck. The Dodge Engineer did admit that the sound was not what they wanted and it would be corrected in future models. I guess they haven't gotten to that part yet.

Formula Outlaw 11-13-2003 06:27 PM

Few cars sound as good as an original 427 Shelby Cobra or a 67 427/435 Vette with side pipes, especially an L-88. I'd like to know what one of those Vettes would turn with today's monster tire set-ups and some suspension work. A 70' Hemi Cuda not half bad either.

RollWithIt 11-13-2003 08:32 PM

Hey Indy, beautiful car. Love that color combination.

And as far as the sound of the Vipers, they say it is because there is no crossover pipe on the exhaust. So you get to hear the equivalent of two 5 cylinder engines. Not to mention that the individual cylinders are not as large, volume wise, as the cylinders on a v8. The two extra cylinders are what puts the engine volume at 8 liters.