Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hyper.. THINK ABOUT IT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/63780-hyper-think-about.html)

HyperBaja 11-15-2003 08:57 AM

Originally posted by Donzigerl
Ops you posted the same time as me Hyper!

OH and......Same with the trails!!!!! Be careful!!!!

National Trail Drag way.

HyperBaja 11-15-2003 08:59 AM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Man that is a sad story but more for the girlfriend in the passenger seat, although I am sure it was not her first time "racing" as well. We have a street behind my shop that the kids like to come down and race on. It is straite line and long and there is a hill in the middle. I was headed to my shop a couple nights ago and over the hill comes two cars at warp speed to see me in my F350. Lucky for all of us they were able to miss me but it seemed probably closer then it was at the time.

The problem is this "Kory was known around town as one of the best drivers around and the kids all looked up to him". Did Kory ever take a profesional driving/racing class like Puder went out and did? If you want to race take a class, rent a REAL race car not some POS Camero SS and race it on a RACE TRACK with medical teams and race helmet and the whole 9. There is a reason that those guys are there.

Jon

Are there any classes I can take while being a minor? I havent found any?

Donzigerl 11-15-2003 09:18 AM

Oh LOL I thought you meant ATV trails.

Same with drag strips! BE careful!

Troutly, my brother is a retired policeman, you guys see some bad wrecks. Thank god we have people like you who deal with these kinda terrible things. I personally couldn't do it.

MavFlyBy 11-15-2003 09:26 AM

I used to street race a fair amount and I had my share of close calls. But I decided to stop because it wasn't worth it. I will however spend a good amount of time at the dragstrip once I do get another fast car. Boat racing open canopy is very dangerous too and your chances of hurting another team are pretty good. Street/drag racing goes back in my family for years, my Uncle and Dad did it all the time. Things were different back then though and the streets were much less crowded. I agree street racing is bad, but I've seen a lot of paramedics preach that and then have them fly by me at 60 in a 45 in their personal vehicles. Same with cops.

MavFlyBy 11-15-2003 09:28 AM

Another thing, I've seen more accidents caused by Chevy Tahoe drivin moms (no offence) yackin on their cell phones who run slam into a parked car. It's funny how the Authobahn has fewer accidents overall than the US highway system, but yet you can break 200mph on Authobahn.

LapseofReason 11-15-2003 09:29 AM

Go race go carts or Junior dragster.

I am 33 now and have been riding since I was 3 and racing at 5. I have raced everything with wheels on it and crashed, but I have always had good safety gear on. One collar bone and one ACL tear I just did on my YZ450 aint bad for 30 years of racing and crashing. And I have had some big get off's on my Superbike two in one weekend both well over 125 mph and all it did was make me a little sore and drain my bank account to fix the bike.

I had my share of the "stop light grand prix" and I was lucky I never crashed or made anybody crash or lost any friends but it would have happened if we all didn't go racing at the track's, now after doing it as a pro I dont even feel the need to do it on the street. Plus once you and your buddies get racing licenses your can rent a track all to yourselves and do in safe.

GO4BROKE 11-15-2003 09:48 AM

I crashed street racing once, no injuries, but it was a wake up call. The bragging rights are better at the drag strip anyway Tommy, the honeys will be more impressed by tropheys and triple digit trap speeds than by a street race. Sets you on a level above the "kids" racing on the street.

Indy 11-15-2003 12:05 PM

Troutly...do you ever forsee the highway system raising the speed limits to a uniform 70 or 75 mph, or is there just too much congestion these days as compared to the 50s - 60s when the speed limits were 75. I know there are areas where the limits have been raised, but it's not everywhere.

HyperBaja 11-15-2003 04:00 PM

I called mid ohio today, have 2 minor race classes. Asking for them for christmas.

LapseofReason 11-15-2003 04:11 PM

Get into bike racing Hyper, slow guys on nice bikes are still slow, fast guys on all most any race bike are still fast. You don't have to have a ton of cash to race and win on bikes although it helps. Bike's are cheaper than cars to race. Let me know if you need any help with getting a bike or setting one up. How big are you ?