If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    42 GTX OL

foutain needs to update

In the most recent powerboat,foutain's two page add states he holds the v-bottom record at 142.969. he needs to change that add It's now 149.7,soon to be increased by outerlimits. You can't cheat in this record reggie. The record was over a month ago,ol got there add right,guess reggie doesn;t want to face the truth. Scott Applegate Jus Truckin

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.
    Just wait till next month ..........

Reggie got something going on
    2014 OPA-APBA National Champion Class 7 .Hauling Trash 725.

My Boats:
    98 NORTECH 5000V
    Stafford Va.
    Wasn't the Fountain a full on race boat with a canopy and just 2 seats? The OL has a full and open cockpit.

Reggie's day is done he's been building boats for 25 years now OL for what 9. The OL is longer ( the size it says on the side) wider, taller in the cabin. the cabin doors don't break. 10-15 years ago Fountain was without a doubt one of the best if not the best out there but they havn't keep up with the rest.

Unless he is going to build a whole new boat I don't see him taking any customers from OL. I was going to buy a 32 Fever about 5 years ago but just couldn't get over the fact that you can't see the gauges well without looking around the wheel or the fact that you are jammed into the wheel because the seat is so far up. The left hand throttles I didn't like to much either.

Let's see him build boat after boat in 4 lengths and 7 styles going over 120 not 1 42 with Pier 57 on the side, so thin you could punch a hole in it go 150. And let him do it somewhere other than his Kilo runs in Washington NC.

Sorry to bash Fountain but for the last 10-12 years I have been really into boats more than before and at first they were the best and I don't even have them in the top 10 as far as the total package go's now, so yes I too think Fountain needs to update.

Brick, NJ
    Scott, I'm sure Reggie is aware that the record has been broken. I'm sure the reason why it still shows the record is because I think you have to place your advertising a couple months in advance to make future issues. I could be wrong though.

My Boats:
    1990 Donzi Sweet 16
    At the office.
    I don't know what either cost new, but aren't you guys comparing apples to oranges? I thought Fountains go for penny's on the dollar compared to OL.

VIP Member VIP Member
    My Boats:
    lLA Marine 32 cat worlds fastest
    Chicago IL USA

Please Keep this Going Guys

If you really piss him off, Mr. Fountain will build something that will amaze you. I can't wait. SQ
    Driver Team DVC S12 Super Stock
    Offically certified fastest Super Stock raceboat. SBIP rules APBA U.I.M. attended/certified Kilo's 8/04 and again 8/05
    8/07 119.14 MPH Worlds Fastest Super Stock
    Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.

I have a good friend who is a boat painter.. I have found out over many many years of private reasearch the way to deal with guys like him and reggie.. it is quite simple ALL YA GOTTA DO is tell them "mr. fountain.. you CAN NOT build a faster boat than OL"

Deland, Florida
    Although I'm no big fan of Fountains, I don't think you can doubt the competitive nature of Reggie.

My Boats:
    Thoroughbred/Velocity 32'
    Freehold, NJ. USA

I heard Reg was going to set-up one of the current SBI Super V's to take a run at the record.....

You guys are taking alot away from Reggie. OL holds the record for now, but fountain held the record for like 15 yrs, and I'll bet he'll get it back, or die trying.

OL builds a gorgeous boat, probably the best on the market, but they are targeting a different market than Fountain. The average fountain costs about a 1/4 of the cheapest OL. Still a great boat though.

Besides, the boat that holds the record had like 1400's. I've never seen a Fountain with that much power, but the 42' w/ 1100 Cobras ran like 125+. With another 600HP it should be real close to OL, w/ a full cabin, Bathroom, shower, etc. and stand up bolsters.

Last edited by totalmp; 11-15-2003 at 06:51 PM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast