Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mercury to Lose Lake X (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/63838-mercury-lose-lake-x.html)

Back4More 11-16-2003 06:39 PM

Elvis....you mean Evil Kinevil:D

Nauti Kitty 11-16-2003 06:51 PM

I heard from a very reliable source it's going to be on a lake in Oklahoma. They are moving in March. Lake x is a very cool place. It's too bad. NK

Moisture-Missil 11-16-2003 06:54 PM

Originally posted by caferacer
I heard that the new Lake X will be in Fountainville NC, Also heard that merc has a piece of Fountains Business.
From what I heard, You are Right on track. What would be better? Kick -ss hull and Kick -ss power. Look out Pamliico river. Its gunna get louder and faster... BUT thats just a RUMOR.....LOL

TulsaLarry 11-16-2003 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Nauti Kitty
I heard from a very reliable source it's going to be on a lake in Oklahoma. They are moving in March. Lake x is a very cool place. It's too bad. NK
We have a few ponds here in Oklahoma that would work fine for Merc. Does get a little cool in the winter but hey, they could do their cold weather testing. We would love to have them.

I don't think Elvis would like the winters.

jafo 11-16-2003 11:47 PM

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Mercury's new test facility will be near Panama City Beach , FL .

This is what I have heard as well- just this week from a boat mfg. local to the area.

Audiofn 11-17-2003 12:40 AM

Maybe they are going to have a lot of facilities :D:D Very sad to see the original go. We have lost a lot of historical to our sport places in the last few years. Very sad.

Jon

Steve 1 11-17-2003 05:01 AM

Jon right 188 St and now Lake X What's left of the past?

lucy 11-17-2003 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
me!

Shane 11-17-2003 08:28 AM

Regardless of where the "NEW" Lake X is I don't think it will have half the appeal from a nostalgic standpoint. Lake X has had the "cool factor" it does for so many years because of the secret testing and limited access that it had for so many years. Either way, I hope they name the new location something different. I think Lake X needs to stay at the Saint Cloud location. I hope the new location is kick arse!:D

THEJOKER 11-17-2003 08:44 AM

took a 73mph F1 boat up to a 81.6 mph rocket there

In the spring of 1999 we literally lived at The Lake . One of my buddies would cook in the motorcoach and we'd feed the staff. I'll never forget walking around @ 8:00 am in the shop with pajamas on. Brad and Craig were eating our grub off china plates and real silverwear when Robert Moore walked up and just shook his head. At night we'd take the motorhome to Hooters in St Cloud , have beers and sleep in the parking lot - ahhhhhhhhhhh the memories. BH