Notices

bench trial

Old 11-17-2003, 01:20 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When all else fails Cord, remember:

If you can't tantalize them with talent, baffle them with bull$hit.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 11-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
When all else fails Cord, remember:

If you can't tantalize them with talent, baffle them with bull$hit.

Must be why people are usually baffled by me. Yea, that must be it!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's the principal!!!!!!Been there before and still paying a Lawyer on a would be 250.00 fine.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

Default Re: bench trial

Originally posted by Cord
my boat was definitely exceeding the db limit
I hate to sound preachy, but if you know your guilty what the hell gives you the right to waste the tax payers money on a trial? If you don't agree with the law put your energy into changing it, instead of dragging some poor cop into your punk azz slime just because he's doing his job.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:31 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: bench trial

Originally posted by Cord
Although my boat was definitely exceeding the db limit, I believe that the test was not performed per the standard.

Devils advocate here,

Sorry Cord, don't mean to pizz you off, but you admit its to high. Why not accept responsibilty and pay the fine instead of trying to get off on a technicality, which is what you are trying to do by sugar coating it. It would be one thing if you are under the limit and the test was done wrong in which it read to high, but you ADMIT it. While you are fighting it because you don't agree with the law, it is the law and you must accept it for what it is until it gets changed. But we know that will never happen.
Here in IN, we have no db reading. Just can't have silent choice. Figure that chit out! Best for me to be loud and obnoxious 100% of the time than having the option of stealth mode around the docks and at nite.

Anyways, good luck.
BTW, what that saying about a guy who represents himself? Having a fool for a lawyer.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Yeah, what he said.
And no, I ain't wearing my fricken seat belt!
While your changing the laws Cord, get that chit repelled!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:42 PM
Registered

Originally posted by US1 Fountain
Yeah, what he said.
And no, I ain't wearing my fricken seat belt!
Do what you want, but I rolled my truck 3 weeks ago and if not for the belt, I'd probably be roadkill right now.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:52 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The boat blew 95. I have Teague mufflers that reduce that to by 10db. The law calls for 86db. They start ticketing at 89db. The Teague mufflers broke 1 week before the citation. I had already contacted Teague and they wanted to receive the mufflers so they could repair them. The problem is that the mufflers are integral with the tips, so the whole exhaust system must be torn apart. This was the last run of the year, so I just wanted to have fun for one last time before winter set in. This was all explained to the cop with the hope that I could get a "fix it ticket". No dice. He didn't care. He cited me. Mind you these are the same cops that were quoted earlier in the year as "Once all the performance boats are off the water, my problems will be solved." There are issues happening here that are bigger than me just wasting a few dollars. The cops up here are issuing about 150 noise citations a weekend in an attempt to get the perfomance boats off the water. They say that safety is their number one concern, yet they never asked me if I had a fire extinguisher. Never asked me if I had enough life preservers. Never asked if I had a throwable device. They didn't care. They just want my boat off their water.

BTW-this was also on the same day that my prop was stolen!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:54 PM
GMScott

Default Bench trial

Hey Cord, looks like you are well prepared but you never know, the water-cop might not even show up!!

That's what happened to me one time on a local lake here in PA. Got wrote up for coming up on the dock too fast, posted 100' yet I cut the throttle at least 300' but my wake rocked the PA Fish & Game's boat a little bit while he was tied up at the dock so he wrote a $100.00 fine and then never showed up at court!

Judge got pizzed and threw it out!

Anyway, good luck.

Old 11-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Cord, how did things go?

Quick Reply: bench trial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.