Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Does this price sound right?? >

Does this price sound right??

Notices

Does this price sound right??

Old 11-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone interested should talk to Craig223, I know I did....aaahhh the power of OSO. Looks like a nice boat cosmetically.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default For the Record

Since the last time that I expressed my opinion about a boat (and it's owner ) brought on a ridiculous chitstorm that lasted a few days, I'm a little reluctant.

I'll stick to the facts.

I had a deal to buy this boat and after getting a survey, backed out of the deal (and got my deposit back). My survey showed wet readings on the moisture meter for part of the transom, bulkheads and stringers to 18 feet from the transom. there was also some delamination on the bottom (according to the survey). The owner and his wife are nice people and the boat is very nice. New interior, dash panels and gauges, as well as a Garmin GPS unit and a gps Gaffrig speedo. The cabin is nice and there is a stereo. There was trouble with one of the engines. (I had planned on having two engines built by TomFTM). The drives have also been rebuilt/beefed up by a respected Merc shop in Long Island.

I spoke with the owner (Dooley) yesterday and he has replaced the 454 mag that had a problem and had the delamination fixed with a epoxy injection method and he said that the fiberglass guy says that the transom and stringers are fine. The boat has no trailer.

We all know that sometimes surveyors can be wrong with their readings and mine very well might have been. For the money that he is asking (35K), It will probably sell quickly. But I would get a survey.

Craig
Old 11-24-2003, 09:12 PM
Registered

Has anyone heard anything on this boat? Is it still there? anyone have a survey done? i'm thinking of it...
Old 11-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Steve_H

Originally posted by impulsive
Has anyone heard anything on this boat? Is it still there? anyone have a survey done? i'm thinking of it...
i had a hull only survey done. not good

Old 11-25-2003, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally posted by lotoparty
i had a hull only survey done. not good

Steve,
Sorry to hear that. Give me a call when you have a chance.

Craig
202-224-5499
Old 11-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Registered

looks like if someone was into some work you might get a deal on the boat.. ??

but you can buy this boat motors and trailer for 80k

email me for more info

[email protected]

http://server1.offshoreonly.com/cgi-...uery=retrieval
Old 11-25-2003, 09:43 AM
Steve_H

Craig i sent you a pm but i dont think its working.
816-524-0441

Old 11-25-2003, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so if the transom is all damp like that and the boat is exposed to freezing temps , wont that contribute to more delamination?
Old 11-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally posted by wwwTOPDJcom
so if the transom is all damp like that and the boat is exposed to freezing temps , wont that contribute to more delamination?
hard to just come out and say yes but that would be one of the largest problems.. plus if it's bad enough then you get into soft spots on the motor mounts, gims and/or drive and boxes etc etc.. then you really start to have problems.. have to get iinto the transom with a grinder and take it down to solid wood or glass and then kick it back out with some woven.. and so on and so on..
Old 11-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had to do transoms, and stringers in a boat before. I had the engines out, and the transom stripped of all parts. Cost 2,500.00
That seems like a great price.

Quick Reply: Does this price sound right??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.