Notices

Sledders

Old 11-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So if I make a trip up north in the winter Y'all got something for a fellow OSO'r to ride?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I could Borrow the Sled that Mitch's X rode!!
Old 11-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jolley, deputised store owners....LOL,thats a new one. The problem up here has been caused by the guys that run straight stingers and cause one hell of a racket. It has pissed off too many land owners and seeing as how much of the trail system uses private lands,we had a head on collision last year. If your sled is not drag sled loud,it is rarely a problem. Some border inspections have taken place and I heard of a few guys being denied entry because they had obviously loud pipes on the sleds. We have a n exhaust system law but no formal noise law. The only people who can stop you are the police and the OFSC trail wardens.
With 25000 miles of trail,you don't see them often.
Now picture a trail 25 feet wide,flat as a pancake twisting thru the woods and up and down huge hills cruising along at 70 to 100 for 30 minutes without needing to touch the brakes Now multiply that trail by 1000
Old 11-18-2003, 10:10 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what you're talking about. It's 80 and sunny here...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 11-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be riding a 03 Pro X 700.
My parents have a cabin 8 miles north of Lewiston. I usually ride the, Lewiston,Atlanta,Gaylord,East Jordan, Indian River and Wolverine trail systems. It's been a while but I also like to take a couple of UP trips.
Some friends are trying to get me to go on a WaWa ,Ontario trip but -28f doesn't sound like too much fun to me ! If it gets below zero I'll be in the bar !
Old 11-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Tim G.
I don't know what you're talking about. It's 80 and sunny here...

I pity you then Tim. Where else can ya cruise at over 100 for less than 15 grand?

26 Scarab, Lewiston NY?
Old 11-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Registered

Hidy HO my snow bound buddies! I have a 2000 SXR700 pretty well dialied in for a Yamaha. I ride throughout NY, VT, Quebec and occassionally NH and ME. I too would love to do an OSO ride. If NY is the place there are lots of great riding areas. I think Old Forge would be best as it has the most diverse trail system, is centrally located, access to the entire state, lakes, woods, railway beds, Tug Hill, Lake Placid, Lake Clear, Cranberry and Star Lakes, Deer Valley etc etc etc. Otherwise I would say Canada.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Here is a good map for upstate NY

http://web.syr.edu/~dedwards/maps/adirondacks.gif
Old 11-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

No,
Lewiston Michigan
Old 11-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

26 Scarab, Twin Lakes, Tally's Pub, Lewiston Lodge, Red Wood Inn, all great places....... run up the road to Atlanta or down to Lovells and out to the main trails!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year we hit right when the SCCA had a Nationally Televised Rally just north of town that we got to see WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Air packer thanks for the update !!! Those trails sound 'SO SWEET' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 'FULL BORE' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then be carefull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Headed to Key West in the morning till mon. He-He ! Then its back to find a studded 121" track for the 700XCR ( ripped the last one with all the studs in it , SH!T , if anyone has one let me know ) Where is the best sorcre for Camoplast Tracks ????????????????? See you guys one'O' these days !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sledders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.