Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who on here own's a bar or night club. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64024-who-here-owns-bar-night-club.html)

rchevelle71 11-18-2003 03:51 PM

Originally posted by CASH BAR
Hey Rick,

I already have my Fla. DL. I never let it go, and I have been renewing in Fl. since I moved 10 yrs. ago.

I make my companies pay me 1099, then file in Fl.

I'm not sure if I could pull that off longer so I'm just moving back.

I like the idea, screw the BYOB, carry in my friggin' couch and I'll supply the goodies.

Greg

Smart move keepin the FL one, I got mine 6 months before moving, My CT one was gonna expire, and needed to renew to the tune of $70 or so, gave FL 5 bucks, and my girlfriends address in Broward, they gave me a license good for 7 years!!!! Then I bought my house in Boca, so I gave them another 5, they gave me one in Palm Beach County, now I know it is illegal to have two, but if I wanna launch in Broward, that license is on top, Launch in Palm Beach, that one!!!!!

If ya need help movin in, just let me know, thats what I meant by carryin one Item in from the truck.

dhlaw 11-18-2003 04:18 PM

Greg, when you get down to Florida we will tal about the legalities of opening an adult establishment. I am actively looking for a location.....

HiPerf2000 11-18-2003 04:26 PM

Well Let's Go !!!

Originally posted by bajabob38
Lets go!
Do i hear the need for an OSO winter party ???? :D :D

hugetime1 11-18-2003 06:26 PM

Well yes i am sure that it has its down side, but i am currently in the insurance business, and it can't be much worse than that, atleast there will be some decent looking chicks around on occasion and maybe one will go home with me every now and again. this sure beets calling people that don't want to talk to me all day and having to pay tax on every dime i make.

RollWithIt 11-18-2003 08:28 PM

Hey, If you need somebody to run the security part of it, let me know. Might be down that way soon anyways. If I dont get laid off by the end of this year, I might quit my job after the new year and head on down south in search of a job. Bar/Club is not out of the question.

105mph_38_2003 11-18-2003 09:01 PM

cigracer28/38 has a friend that owns a couple in OK so he probably can give you some good info...His buddy is a super smart businessman so I am sure that cigracer is right up there too;)

I had a close friend of mine that owned 4 clubs in downtown Houston back when it was hot...Last year he was arrested with $4mil in cash sitting on his dining room table:eek: Also said on the news that he had the biggest EX ring in the world...He would take monthly trips to Spain and basically bankroll anyone that wanted to go. I found out afterwards that coming back he strapped 10000 tabs to your body to pay him back. Worked out with the guy for 3 years then he opened his first club"SPY". I knew he was a little into some small things but had no idea abotu what I was around...I thougth he was just a BS'er talking big to try and impress people...go figure:confused:

Cash Bar 11-18-2003 10:09 PM

Countin' on it d-hlaw.

My people are patient since I'm in the middle of the move. Once I get to Palm Beach I gotta find them something.

Greg

hugetime1 11-18-2003 10:28 PM

i'll come down

beertruck 11-18-2003 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I own two wood fired brick oven pizza restaurant with breweries, and I'm in the process of opening the third. There are some negative aspects to the indusrty, but there are also some positve ones as well. Yes, your staff is either stealing from you or working on a plan to steal from you. The hours can be long, and customers can be a pain the the asz some times. But when you see satisfied customers leaving your establishment, it makes it all worth it. There are no account recievable in the restaurant industries, I get terms on my purchaces, but when the customer walks out my door, I've been paid for my services. I never go hungry, and every day is a different experince. With a sucsessful operation the profit margins can be much higher than the 3% stated earlier. enough to keep us in the toys.

beer truck

RacingFan4Ever 11-19-2003 12:54 AM

Three of my friends have just opened a sports bar this year. They are quite busy just about every day..esp with 4 big screen tv's, 8 pool tables, and food. It also helps with being in an area with 14 other clubs/bars.

They have put in some major hours since they've opened, have complained about regulations, and are worried about their employees. One of my friends is on the premise at all times...and on Friday and Sat all of them are there to keep an eye on everything. They have had trouble with some employees partying with the customers, and stealing food. A few bottles of whiskey have come up missing just last week, too. So far though, no problems with money missing, but it's still in the back of their minds. They have told me it's definitely alot of hard work, but in the end it's worth it when you see your customers having fun, enjoying the sporting events on tv, and leaving satisfied.