Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: eBay- never used it. How's it really work? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64104-ot-ebay-never-used-hows-really-work.html)

Cord 11-19-2003 08:47 AM

Always check the prices. Get a shipping quote. Always ask a couple of questions from the seller. Always read their feedback. Check their other items too. If they say "as is", they mean it. There is something wrong and the value is vastly diminished.

magnum27 11-19-2003 09:59 AM

I just got a killer deal on a set of K-planes with pumps, hoses, wiring harness, and dash controls for $810.00. I thought that was a great deal. I have bought a bunch of stuff off of ebay and have not gotten burned yet.

SS930 11-19-2003 10:08 AM

How does it work? Like this... If you bid more than anyone else in the world you win. You send them $ for the unseen item that you've won. What you win is likely not what you think you've won and to top it off there's a chance you'll never receive it to find out! :D:D:D

rouxsterre 11-19-2003 04:04 PM

My sister-in-law bought a Kugerrand on eBay. There was a low-quality picture of the item. The coin was priced nicely.

What she received was actually the size of a dress-shirt button. She actually thought it was funny, and adapted it to fit a charm bracelet. Strangely enough, it was REAL GOLD.

Mr.Bill 11-23-2003 10:19 AM

I have purchased hundreds of items on ebay and 99% are liget as long as you do your homework and check there feedback you can get great deals on just about anything. I check around auction sites and stores before I bid so I know what kind of deal I'm getting.

Mr.Bill 11-23-2003 10:22 AM

Originally posted by SS930
How does it work? Like this... If you bid more than anyone else in the world you win. You send them $ for the unseen item that you've won. What you win is likely not what you think you've won and to top it off there's a chance you'll never receive it to find out! :D:D:D

I don't think you have ever bought anything, you surely don't know what you are talking about!!!

Mr.Bill 11-23-2003 10:24 AM

Originally posted by rouxsterre
My sister-in-law bought a Kugerrand on eBay. There was a low-quality picture of the item. The coin was priced nicely.

What she received was actually the size of a dress-shirt button. She actually thought it was funny, and adapted it to fit a charm bracelet. Strangely enough, it was REAL GOLD.

If its to good to be true there's a reason. She didn't research it!!

SS930 11-23-2003 04:47 PM

Originally posted by Mr.Bill
I don't think you have ever bought anything, you surely don't know what you are talking about!!!
Ya, okay Mr. Ed. You clearly seem to know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

BTW Mr. Ed, I do a lot of business on ebay. It is very much buyer beware.

Audiofn 11-23-2003 05:08 PM

I agree it is buyer beware. My brother has been screwed a couple times on Ebay with Car parts. They are not what they advertise or the wrong side of the car or what ever. I have purchased a bunch of things and have done a LOT of checking but I am ALWAYS worried if I am going to get burned or not. There is NO WAY that I would do business with anyone out of the US no matter how good the deal may look. I also notice that a lot of times projucts go up over full blown retail on things so you have to know what you are doing and not just assume that what you are getting is a good deal.

Jon