Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Baja's heading up the ladder >

Baja's heading up the ladder

Notices

Baja's heading up the ladder

Old 11-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Allan4

I think the 33 Outlaw is the best Baja built, personally. Let's be honest though...I LOVE my Baja and have made a beleiver out of many folks with it. But, it is not the same quality of some of the custom boats. We all know that, so no reason to bash or defend it for not being so. It can't be, they have a huge product line that goes beyond go fast boats. As well, the price of the Baja's is sometimes 1/2 of a boat of comparible size in another make. Call it for whatever reason you want, but it is what it is....more affordable than many other makes. And, for the most part, you don't sacrafice a whole lot. Sure, there are excpetions...and favoratism. Just remember, they can typically put up with alot more abuse than the crew can. I think my boat is well built, but there are surely some things I would change...I'm sure we all could say that about our own boats.

I like them all personally....Baja, Cig, Powerplay, Fountain, Apache, Skater, AO, Eliminator....whatever, I think they are all sweet.

Besides...how many of you Baja bashers have done THIS in your boat.......
Attached Thumbnails Baja's heading up the ladder-baja-race7.jpg  

Old 11-20-2003, 11:12 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK i think its no secret Baja is an average entry level at best... nothing wrong with this, they sell a ton . its low $$$ per foot boat and people like the styling and the cookie cutter graphics...
THATS FINE..

LETS TALK ABOUT PROBABLY THE BEST THING TO EVER POSSIBLY COME TO BAJA...THE 399.

SAVE THE OTHER SH!T FOR A DIFFERENT THREAD

will this 399 skater hull baja deck ever get built?

Its rather exciting because when Is the last time a true performance boat had a great pleasure interior...if anyone can do that...BAJA CAN
Old 11-20-2003, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had a Velocity, Fountain, Regal, and a couple of pontoon's!! and now a BAJA

The Velocity was FAST but the interior and cabin was it's downfall.

The Fountain was Cool (slower than the velocity) but everyone looked at you from across the lake. Again the interior suffered, it had NO room in the cockpit and little in the cabin.

Regal good family boat, built in a production line...But not put together like the Fountain or Velocity.

The Baja I have now was bought for a purpose "The Family" it has tons of room in the cockpit and cabin, recently I have started it's restoration and while I was taking it apart I was surprised to see how well it was built and engineered. It's got some problem area's but so did the other boat's!! No it's not going to be the fastest but you have to say they are doing a good job in the production boat market, they're Marketing and styling are ahead of most!!
Old 11-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bajalion
Daven, I've made a lot of expensive boats look silly with my entry level pontoon boat. Bring up your choice of $70k boats and come play with me in 5' waves.

Offer stands.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Registered

now let me start the post just by saying this is just something that i've noiced.. that's all

three people in teh world that always have the best.. Dodge truck owners.. doesn't matter you can show them in the books that there truck doesn't tow the most under warrenty.. second person.. anyone that has AOL.. the best and always will be the best.. third person.. someone that owns a Baja.. just read this post..

three people that just love what they have bought and nothing you tell them or show them will change there minds... end of story
Old 11-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally posted by CustomRigger101
now let me start the post just by saying this is just something that i've noiced.. that's all

POWERBOAT SALESMAN will tell you what ever you want to hear to make a dollar. The product they sell is always the best.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Dock Holiday POWERBOAT SALESMAN will tell you what ever you want to hear to make a dollar. The product they sell is always the best.
LOL
Old 11-20-2003, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally posted by CustomRigger101
third person.. someone that owns a Baja.. just read this post..

Post 61, offer extended.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

I have never seen "The Perfect Boat"

Nor have I seen one brand that has and does EVERYTHING that all the rest do.

Because we all have different budgets, different lifestyles, differents needs there are MANY different manufacturers for us to choice from to get what best suits each individual.

We have owned three Baja's. If they were a piece of junk I would not have purchased the second one, much less the third one.

My wife just won a trophy in Jacksonville for "BEST INTERIOR" out of 102 boats with boats in the running like a 50 ft Nortech, 38 Top Guns, etc.

That is one of the main reason we purchased the 36 Outlaw. It does everything we need it to do. The styling is nice, it has the same high quality Mercury 500 EFI's that the high dollar boats do, it has the awesome McCleod electric bolsters, etc.

We looked hard at a 35 Fountain and also a 353 Formula. Both awesome boats. The 36 Outlaw suited our needs better for less money.

Is Baja slower in speed, YES, it is not a stepped hull boat, but other than that it is not a lesser quality boat either.

I respect that there are a lot of people on this board and they represent all the boats on the market. It does not speak well for anyone to get on here and bash a person's personal choice in brand just because you don't like it.

I have never met a boat I did not like. They all have something to offer. I wish I could own a hundred different ones and enjoy them all. If you have a boat and enjoy boating you are my kind of guy!

If you have to bash anyone for the type of boat or truck they own, then I pitty you.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 11-20-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Registered

Default Re: BAJA

Originally posted by daven
After 7 years with BAJA we can truly state that they are an entry level boat. The best boat they have ever created was the 36 OUTLAW. The 30 OUTLAW does not have the ride or the handling that the 36 does, as far as layout if the ride and speed are not there why go for it, a pontoon will do the same thing.

I was just hoping for some answers to your post.

#1 Did you work for BAJA, or just a salesman somewhere?

#2 Is it fair to compare a 30' boat to a 36' boat? Hell, I wouldnt wanna compare my 22' BAJA to even a 25' BAJA. Thats like comparing Apples and watermelons!

#3 Pontoon? Come on, lets not talk about the women you've dated recently! (Just kidding, Im cracking myself up today! )

Quick Reply: Baja's heading up the ladder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.