Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dallas TX and Grand lake OK boaters? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64226-dallas-tx-grand-lake-ok-boaters.html)

IceAngel 11-20-2003 01:45 PM

Originally posted by BajaRunner
I finally went to pk this year and hells gate is cool. There werent that many people there.

Yeah people are still shying away from PK because a few years back there was that huge problem with green algea (sorry about the spelling if it's wrong), that was caused by that nasty drought we had.

JPD Motorsports 11-20-2003 01:47 PM

Travis thats not to bad of a drive at all, thought it was further down!!20% chance rain how about the temps there?

IceAngel 11-20-2003 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Hard On
Lake travis! How far down is it from dallas area. Looks like I'm going south for sure. Also lake dallas or lewisville(did they change the name?) hows the water level there. also good ramps to put in at, petes or by the damn! Finally where is the party cove at to hang out at? Thanks for all the input guys and gals

Hey Hard On the best person to talk to about Lake Lewisville would be Catmando, he frequents that particular lake quite a bit.

Terra

BajaRunner 11-20-2003 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Hard On
Travis thats not to bad of a drive at all, thought it was further down!!20% chance rain how about the temps there?
Just checked. Now 10%
Sat high 80 low 62
Sun 20% high 70 low 65

Saturday is your day.

Clay Washington 11-20-2003 02:20 PM

Weather Forecast for Lake Travis (Austin)

I will be on a Motorcycle Poker Run this Saturday, but the lake should be nice too.

Good luck! :D

Clay Washington 11-20-2003 02:28 PM

Oklahoma City to Dallas is a three-hour drive down I35.

Dallas to Austin is another three-hour drive down I35.

Take exit 252B-A and turn right on RR620 (towards Mansfield Dam). Just after you pass the dam, turn right into Mansfield park. It has the best ramp on the lake.

Devil's Cove is about 9 miles upstream (watch for the numbered bouys) on the right.

Are you gonna sleep on the boat or get a motel room?

NickOTeen 11-20-2003 04:54 PM

I was on Grand about a week ago, and it was cold. BRRRR!! Needed my Columbia Ski Coat to stay warm. It's very beautiful down there this time of year if you can bear the cold.

JPD Motorsports 11-20-2003 06:32 PM

Hey Catmando! Sorry to here about the motor prob. Looking really hard at the lewisville lake to boat, travis will have to wait when I can spend a few days there instead of 1:( If you are off saturday and want to go play give me shout!! have plenty of space for an extra person especially one that knows the lake:D number is 405-205-2233

TopSpin80 11-20-2003 07:30 PM

cat you could always pull your boat around. It will stay warm with the heater on in your truck. :D

Ernie

johnnyboatman 11-20-2003 08:15 PM

what boat are you haulin down there.