Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dallas TX and Grand lake OK boaters? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64226-dallas-tx-grand-lake-ok-boaters.html)

JPD Motorsports 11-20-2003 10:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Johnny a 1995 40' hustler with trips, white hull and purple and gray stirpes on the side white eagle tri axle trailer. Towed with a 2003 dark gray lowered 2wd crewcab gmc dually. You thinking of coming down? Can help out in the hotel room department with a huge pk lot!:D

Sorry to here cat, but if you need a break give me yell!! Midday stress reliever:p

the tow rig

JPD Motorsports 11-20-2003 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the boat

Clay Washington 11-21-2003 12:20 AM

Sweet ride, Hard On! :cool:

JPD Motorsports 11-21-2003 09:18 AM

thanks clay, now if i dont get beached it will all be good, New waters!! no markers!! man i miss the gulf:D Does it stay warmer down at lake travis than it does up here, kinda year round boating with some coats or winterize it and tuck away for the year after the run?

Clay Washington 11-21-2003 10:01 AM

I would not say that the water in Lake Travis is any warmer than in Lake Lewisville, but I will say that it is MUCH CLEANER! :cool:

There are no real "beaches" on Lake Travis. It is a rock bottom lake and very deep. Bring a good anchor and 100 to 200 feet of anchor line (rode). There are "mile marker" bouys in the center of the channel, so you shouldn't have to worry about hitting bottom.

I know of several people that boat all year on Lake Travis. However, we have a Harley, so this time of year is "leather weather"! :D

Have a safe trip! :cool:

Clay Washington 11-21-2003 10:03 AM

LTPA

P.S. Next year you should consider coming down to Austin for a Poker Run. They are alot of fun.

At 22-feet we have the smallest boat in the fleet. But, with a Whipplecharged 502, we are not the slowest! ;)

JPD Motorsports 11-21-2003 10:18 AM

can and will do the poker runs there, was trying to get there this year, lost the book that had the dates:mad: then i would find out aobut them after the fact. day late penny short!

ST31 11-21-2003 10:45 AM

Hard on,

Check out this site for Lake Lewisville / Dallas info.
www.wetrat.com

Wish I could hook up with you this weekend as well, but already have plans for the Texas Tech / OU game.

Maybe we can hook up for some poker runs in the future.

ST31
31SS Sonic

TxHawk 11-21-2003 11:41 AM

You should finish lewisville in about half an hour in that boat. I have to say texoma, its home.

JPD Motorsports 11-21-2003 02:58 PM

You know who is gonna win that one already:D :D :D we will be there sunday as well if you get a chance let me know!!!