If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    Definitely a scarey situation. I'm no doctor but I have see similar problems all related to stress , and given the stories of your life recently , you certainly qualify
    Hope your feeling better now...relax mon
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

My Boats:
    1976 27' Magnum Sport
    San Francisco, Ca.
    About 8 years ago I went through a similar time in my life. My marriage was breaking apart and I was also breaking up a business partnership. Needless to say, there was a great deal of stress. I had the same symptoms that you had plus the left side of my body went numb during a meeting and I had a momentary loss of the understanding of speech. I was rushed to the hospital and had every test performed on me. They ruled out stroke and heart attack. I had stress tests performed and all checked out fine. At that time I was running 5 - 8 miles daily and working out in the gym 1- 2 hrs per day, so physically I was very strong.
    Anxiety and stress can play real nasty tricks on your body. The spells continued for at least another year. Chest tightening, dizziness, loss of equilibrium, shallow breathing, and faintness.
    While this is happening you can also loose you natural rythm in breathing with only exacerbates the problems.

The most important things you can be doing during these times is to take moments during the day to relax.
    Try not to drink too much. Get enough sleep for your body to deal with the stress. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!
    Deal with the causes of the stress quickly and rationally.
    Don't let pettiness get in the way resolving the issues causing you stress. Going through these type of attacks over a long period of time can take a real toll on your body and cause permanent damage.

If and when an attack happens again, stop what you are doing put you head between you legs and breath slowly. Some people also bend down and blow into a paper bag. Trying to gulp for air or breathing faster only makes things worse. Try to understand what your mind is doing to your body, and deal with it calmly.

I was initially prescribed with anti-anxiety drugs and found they didn't work for me. Although everyone is different. I did not want to be dependent on a drug to help me cope.

Hopefully some of this insight will be able to help and not cause you more stress.
    I am not a doctor but these are the things I found worked for me.
    If I can be of any further help feel free to e-mail me.

My Boats:
    boat less
    i had lower back surgery in feb of 01 disc between L4-L5
    was outta whack. same feeling you had, still have pains everyday but thats the price i pay for over doing it.get the stress test or go to a psycologist(check up from the neck up) and get something for it. you will self destruct with all the chit you are dealing with. i have been reading your threads and have been there - done that. get help , it can only help you

My Boats:
    Hustler 388
    Sounds like Anxiety . Glad your OK . You might want to slow down a little and relax .Winter time is always tough being cooped up and all. Mitch Good luck.

Dr. Rob says go straight to the Uncensored Section . That will fix all that ales ya

Boost makes up for Cubic Inchs

My Boats:
    47 Special Edition 600 SCI's
    Great Lakes
    My friend had a stress test. Everything checked out okay and he had a heart attack a week later. I understand there is a more thorough test - I advise you take the more thorough test.
    47 Lightning SE

My Boats:
    2015 MTI 48
    I would have to agree with Bad Girl.
    I had a heart attack when I was 27 years old. I went to the emergency room the next am, and there were no indications of such. EKG normal, etc.
    It takes damge to show up on an EKG, and that takes some time to relflect on the test.
    I only found it three years later while doing a routine EKG for life insurance.
    The point is, get another opinion. Always.
    It doesn't sound like a major problem (differeent symptomes from heart problems, generally), but don't take a chance.
    IF I would have found mine at the time, blockage could have been removed and the heart would have healed CONSIDERABLY better.

My Boats:
    353 FasTech
    1000 Islands
    You must have cardiac injury and risk lab profiles done also. The physical manifestations of these things is one's the chemistry that makes it happen and leaves the most evidence . I'm about to go through all this myself. Type A wound up stressor, with a short temper and high blood pressure (ave high 80's diastolic...peaking at 100 occasionally for no reason). Lots of family history of heart attack or stroke, including an uncle at 38...I'm 39. Recently quit smoking...still a long ways to go to get healthier. Damn...I hope I'm not too late to save my life...this is just gettin' good
    Last edited by Rippem; 11-20-2003 at 08:46 PM.

Huntington Beach, CA
    Anyone have any experience with the 'full body scan' technology?

I have heard they are good, but can drive you crazy with little benign abnormalities. False-positive anxiety, for lack of a better term.

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    I think the key word here is relax. My blood preasure never goes up( only when I think I am dying) and is low even after battling traffic on the way to the doctor. I am really not sure what it was but i'm not going to let it happen again. I hope I think it was someones fault, not mine, no never mine.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Hang in there bro!!!!!

Put your best foot forward!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast