Phone number transfer suit >

Phone number transfer suit

Notices

Phone number transfer suit

Old 11-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone number transfer suit

(AP) - A trade group representing local telephone companies sued Friday to block a new rule that will allow customers to transfer their landline number to a cell phone. The United States Telecom Association said the rule, which takes effect Monday, gives an unfair boost to the wireless industry.

This is freakin ridiculous. Technology advances and the guy's left in the dust complain because they cant be competitive. How about treating the customer fairly and you dont have to worry about them jumping ship.
Its a good thing for Skater that their boats are so expensive otherwise they could be under fire for being too efficient and well built.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

That is right exactly. Now adays if you do not provide the service expected you can bet someone will reinvent the process, make it better, more efficient and cost less. it is time these companies wake up and understand we are the customer, not share holders or investors. i am thru with half a$$ jobs and I am taking a stand with a snowmobile dealer right now. i have waited 4 months for my shocks to be rebuilt, I brought them in when no one was even thinking snow and they were not busy. This is a 3 hour job so I went today and they were done, I took them in a box and said i would be back to pay. I went to the Manager and said I was not paying and that if they want to pursue this to take me to court. I hope they do, the judge would be interested in knowing what went wrong here. I have purchased 4 sleds from them and 1000s of $$ on parts. If they can't flag my account as a preferred customer than they can bite me.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:00 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I dont think the wireless companys will have any advatage...... I for one am sooo freakn pissed with AT&T wireless right now i cant wait to leave them......and looking at their website and the forum they have there i'm not the only one pissed with their GSM service.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

WARNING ***** Selfless Plug ***** WARNING

Wally, once your contract is up with AT&T bring your phone number over to Nextel. You can take your number anywhere within the same area code starting Monday.

**** End of Plug ******
Old 11-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Alteady switched to Nextel.

Got a better phone and a TEMP# good 'til Monday. They will call monday and confirm switch.
I'm lovin life, been waiting for this for 2 years.

My phone # spells my name, NO WAY I was givin' that up!!!

Greg
Old 11-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Wally
I dont think the wireless companys will have any advatage...... I for one am sooo freakn pissed with AT&T wireless right now i cant wait to leave them......and looking at their website and the forum they have there i'm not the only one pissed with their GSM service.
Is there a person who dosent hate AT&T?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well..... yes & no!!

Yes I am mad at them also, but not necessarily because of service. I retired today after 33+ years with them.
Our reward was luncheon for the 23 retireres (with up to 41 years service) and the the entire office. about 100 people...
they spent a grand total of $400.00 .... We totaled 776 years of service among us and they spent $17 per retiree??? Cheap skates!!

I am now starting "the rest of my life"!!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:39 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Having worked for Motorola in the R&D areas of cellular i know alot of the in-and-outs of this business especially when it comes to coverage! Hell my dept was responsible for starting Nextels system and Primco's system when they first came out. There realy is no "perfect" system out there. Any company thats useing CDMA technology is ahead of the game....but most dont liek to spend money to make thing better if they are making hand over fist as it is
My next carrier will most likely be Nextel only because i have a good friend that works for the company and he can set me up with a sweet plan. Back when i left Motorola (about 3-4yrs ago) Nextel was making us crazy with everything they wanted on their system. Alot had to do with the fact that the original system we designed for then was never made to do all the things they wanted to get done!!! Originally it was stricktly cell phone and two-way radio use.....then comes all these fancy extras liek text messaging and stuff and we have to scrable to try and incorporate it to their current systems....not fun! Anyway that was then and if i was someone off the street i would have to look into what their systems are like now a days. I can tell you one thing though....the Nextel systems in the south like FL etc are alot better then what we have here in IL.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Registered

I hate Verizon. Been without DSL service for 24 days now. They just SUCK!!!! As much as I hate AT&T, I'm moving my local and long distance to them and going to cable for my broadband access. That was at least I'll have service.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Registered

I have verizon for my cell phone and i'm pretty happy with their service, i rarely loose any calls and they work almost anywhere here in MI. I have a couple friends with nextel and their constantly dropping calls or don't have service at all, espically when we travel to northern michigan. I wouldn't even consider nextel their plans are more expensive and their service isn't as good but that's here in MI, maybe they have better coverage in other areas.