I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice >

I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Notices

I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Old 11-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Today I had scheduled an MRI for my lower back. I have a pinched nerve, my heal is numb and there is a large amount of pain in my thigh. I did this moving 12 pallets of sod, 20 yards of mulch, 6 yards of round rock (Tons and tons) so it let go. This and all the stress with my marriage ( which is just getting into the money stage) I am sure this did not help my back at all. Thats nothing compared to my second visit to the Hospital. On the way home my chest begins to hurt, my right arm is hurting, I am sweating, pale and I can only breath a 1/4 of the way because of the pain. I have to drive 1/2 hour to the nearest hospital, the funny part was I was just there but it was in the other direction the same distance so I figured I may as well get close to home. Well as I get closer I am getting really scared that I am having a heart attach. I have never felt this way and I am in good shape with no problems like this ever. I am thinking I am not going to make it and pass out so I pull into the median thinking a cop will see me and stop. I sit there for 15 minutes trying to relax but no one shows so I take off again. The whole time I am getting worse and I figure the next time I wake up I am going to be on a table and have a gash in my chest. I get to the Hospital and they know somethings wrong, I tell them whats going on and they rush me to emergency. They gave me all the tests know to man and I am glad to say I am fine, they made me sit there for 2 hours but the pain subsided and then went away. The tests showed my heart is strong, my pressure was normal (which they could'nt believe under the circumstances) my O2 levels were good my EKG was perfect, and my X Rays were fine. He said my heart is very strong and has no idea what happened. I don't think it was the MRI because I have done those before with no problem. I have never been so scared in my life but this was the first time I have had my Heart checked and it is good to know it is strong. The whole time I am thinking how I am going to change my life and eat better but since I am fine I went to the BK Lounge, thanks Fred for the Comfort Food.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your ok. Did the mention anything about an anxiety attack? You've had enough going on to cause one.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:18 PM
Registered

No, but that did cross my mind. I have never had one so I will ask my Doctor what he thinks. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Yeah Mitch..glad you are okay. Keep us posted. I know how both feel. I have back trouble and have had the anxiety deal before. Good luck. I do know ONE cure...a good rip on the SLED!
Old 11-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Registered

That would be weird if it was anxiety. Does it sound like it Shane? It is 68 here and sunny so the snow is a little ways away.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:49 PM
Registered

2 yrs ago , I had a pinched nerve in my upper back /neck ie: fingers numb , and while that was going on had what I thought was a heart attack. Same deal was pushed throught the wringer with all the test , mobile ekg device for 24 hours the whole nine yards...Turns out I was/am fine , one finger is still numb but that is no biggie...it was a tramatic day to say the least......hope everything works out alright ....sip on a cool one and relax a bit...
Old 11-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Banned

Anxiety attack was my first thought also.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:54 PM
2fast4u

I think you should see your doctor and have them run a stress test to be sure ekg and other test don,t tell the truth about heart problems. only a stress test and if needed a heart catheration then uou will know for sure your ok, better safe than sorry!!!!! I had similar problems as yours , and was glad that I went the extra mile now i an fine.

Old 11-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Registered

I am affraid of a stress test. I know it will stress me out No, really, my stress level is so high they would lock me up for my own safety. I was just thinking today that I need to sell everything I own, move South and relax for once in my life, hell I have been working ever since I could mow a lawn....at 7. It all seems like a waste when you get an eye opener like this. I could sleep in a 51 OL, don't ya think?
Old 11-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Registered

Glad to hear the your OK!

Just keep you head up, things will get better

Quick Reply: I Went To The Hospital Today...Twice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.