If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    312 Formula & 31SS Sonic
    Lake Eufaula, Ok.

I gave it up today & retired!!

After 33+ years with AT&T, I finally got fed up with them and the "New AT&T". 23 of us retired today and the company spent a total of $400.00 on a luncheon for 100 people...... 776 years of service among us & they spend $17.00 per retiree???? A couple of years ago they would spend up to $150.00 each for a luncheon.
    The company is totally different than they used to be. No concern for service, just meet the metrics.... which they cheat on. AT&T is now a sweat shop. It used to be a good place to work. I would no longer suggest AT&T as a career to anyone. Truly a sad day to see an American icon such as AT&T go to the dogs.
    The saving grace is I no longer have to pay them any heed. I took my money & RAN!!

Oh yes, I move to the lake on Sunday!!

My Boats:
    I am a self employed contractor a cable splicer. I have been doing work for over ten years for sprint. ten years ago when we had a deferred order for dervice it had to been done today no matter what we had to do to make the costumer happy, now we get a defrerred days later and they could care less about the costumer its the cost. the last time I knew the CEO mad millions... and wants more . alot of guys hate contractors but alot of people don't understand I qam self employed like any other bussinessman and do some of the finest work and take pride in what I do, and I have personally never crossed a pick it line GIVE RESPECT GET RESPECT, but these companys need with out the customers they do not exisist . I am a unit Cable splicer, They keep takink nicles I am looking for dimes.. GOOD LUCK with your retierment you desure it and Run alot of Guys are getting out... They need to treat Company guys right I have seen these retirement parties my self... you desevre more after 30 years of service you desrve so much more....

My Boats:
    79 Larry Smith Scarab 'Kaama'
    Abita Springs, La.
    Management theories taught in the MBA mills produce clones that manage numbers, not people. I see it all the time. Seems OMC was a good example.

ISO= bunch of people that can't get enough of paperwork

Six Sigma= Generic management at its finest. See also ISO

To call some of them douche bags would imply that they have some useful purpose.

I think I'm gonna buy a garbage truck.

Yes you deserved something better than a $17 meal. Enjoy your retirement, you luck &@?!

My Boats:
    2003 Baja 33 Outlaw
    New Jersey
    Congrats, I'm only 60 yrs. from retirement!

Charter Member Charter Member P Offshore's Avatar
    My Boats:
    44 MTI , 42 Fountain SSM 6's, 36 Cigarette Gladiator, 28 Cigarette
    George you like the lake better anyway! Congrats on your retirement, just a shame the circumstances were not better.

My Boats:
    boat less
    THE AMERICAN DREAM you made it, congratulations

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    Congrats on your discipline for all those years.

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.
    Good Luck

I got 8 yrs to go , I can`t wait

2014 OPA-APBA National Champion Class 7 .Hauling Trash 725.

Deland, Florida
    Enjoy your retirement. I'll get to retire right after they throw that first shovel of dirt on my face.

Boston, Ma
    One thing that you should take out of that situation is something management will never have, Pride. Best of luck and enjoy yourself......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast