Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   * Your Most Embarrassing Moment Ever * (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64397-%2A-your-most-embarrassing-moment-ever-%2A.html)

Tantrum 11-24-2003 12:57 PM

I sent an e-mail to a guy that I had never met in person.
It was SUPPOSED to go go to my girlfriend Christine but my computer automatically completed the address with this guys named Chris.
I had sent him an e-mail earlier in the day trying to get info for a Poker Run on snowmobiles, we planned on meeting up that night.
Here's the e-mail;

Me
> > > Hey Baby
> > > Whats going on?
> > > I haven't heard much from you today. I hope you > > > didn't get squashed by a big stack
> > > of papers or somethin.
> > > Love you

Him
> > WHAT ?

Me
> WOW
> Thats embarrassing!
> That was supposed to go to my girlfriend but your > email address must have
> knocked hers out. Well what a way for me to > introduce myself. I
> swear I wont show
> up on a pink machine this weekend.
> I hope (for my sake) your laughing as loud as I am.

Him
Yes, it is quite funny.
See you this weekend.

I ended up meeting up with this guy at the poker run and had Hotboat with me who I introduced as my significant other :eek:

robyw1 11-24-2003 02:24 PM

Many years ago when I was a teenager I ran over a metal trashcan without seeing it. This happened about 1 in the morning and this thing got stuck under my truck leaving sparks for about 100 feet behind me. I had the radio up loud and couldn't hear the racket but other cars were flashing lights at me. I proceeded to turn into the neighborhood and driving about 35-MPH still with the radio up. I noticed lights coming on in a few houses and saw some cars alarms go off. I thought okay my radio is too loud so I will turn it down. I did that and was shocked by this ungodly loud racket. I thought what in the hell is wrong with my truck? I stopped to look under it and noticed the badly ground up trashcan. I reached to pull it out and burned my hand on it in the process. By this time some man started yelling at me so I got back in the truck and drove off. I didn't know what to do so I ran over curbs to try and dislodge it. That didn't work so I left the subdivision and just kept driving. I got up to about 80 just to see if the speed would make it come loose. It didn't and it was leaving sparks as far as I could see in the rear view mirror. I proceeded to slow down into a Target store where I hit one of the speed bumps to no avail. Finally as I drove out of the parking lot off a steep incline it rolled out and under my right rear wheel. I was free at last. I did a U-turn and drove home. I took one last look at the can and it was smoking.

Roby :D

robyw1 11-24-2003 02:55 PM

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
last summer I leaned over from standing on the bow of my boat to the dock and the boat naturally moved away untill the dock lines caught it right when I was fully extended feet on the bow hands on the dock, I quietly called over to my mother who was there with my dad that day. As I waited I held myself up with one hand and emptied my cell phone and wallet out of my pockets onto the dock. knowing that I would eventually fall in. My mother gets there and yells at the top of her lungs to my dad who is across the yard next to the nieghbors house ( who was having a cook out party with about 50 people that all made there way to the edge of the yard to watch me struggle to push off the dock, get almost vertical than fall back to my hands on the dock, eventually falling in). thanks mom.:D
Did you get wet?
:D Roby

neu-rich 11-24-2003 03:25 PM

Well, We Had Just Eatten At A Fine Restaurant, I Had Fish And Chips... Any Ways Were On The Way Home And My Stomach Is Killing Me, And I Have To **** BAD:eek: :eek: :eek: So There Is A Rest Area 5 Miles Up The Road, My Stomach Is In Pain.. I Am Rocking Back And Forth Trying To Drive, Pull Off The Highway, Park In The Handicap Parking, And Run To The Rest Room........ Open The Door Drop The Pants And Just **** All Over The Place.. And The Smell Was BAD... I Get Done And Washing My Hands And A Guy Walks In And Said " OH MY GOD YOU Stink"...... I Get Done And Walk Outside And I Guy Is Telling Everone That The Place Stinks BAD :D :D :D And There Is My Girlfriend In The Truck, With Her Head Between Her Legs, Laughing So Hard She Couldn't Breath.... I Laughed All The Way Home...... I Will Never Forget The Look On That Guys Face....

TEAMBAJA 11-24-2003 05:17 PM

Those are all good ones!! :D :D :D :D :D

There was one time, at a fancy restaurant when I shook the A-1 sauce................with no lid.........:eek:

MitchStellin 11-24-2003 05:31 PM

Thats nothing, we went to a resturant to eat breakfast, this place kept the ketsup in the cooler all night and then would put it out in the am. When it began to warm it would expand, but we did not know this. A buddy picks up the bottle and begins to open a bottle that is 3/4 full, just enough room to expand and make a ketsup bomb. 5 guys at the table all in motorcycle oufits get covered in red, this along with another table next to us that got it. We all learned a lesson that morning.:D

SHAGNASTY 11-24-2003 08:08 PM

Ask Stu Jones? LOL

Formula Outlaw 11-24-2003 09:53 PM

Way too many to list. A recent one:
During day 1 of the Sarasota Offshore Showdown, I had blown an outdrive in Outlaw, was limping in on one motor, and was passed by a pontoon boat. At least it wasn't a "blowbote".

mcollinstn 11-25-2003 09:29 AM

I've never been embarrassed.

But I HAVE:
Crapped my pants in a customer's office and filled my shoes with diarrhea.
Shown up in middle school with red lips and permed hair.
Been told by a girlfriend's Mom that she hears I am very good with my mouth.
Gotten a ticket for rolling through a stop sign 12 hours after I fussed at my wife for the same thing.
Puked on the podium halfway through a school speech presentation.
Got "lost" and turned around backwards on a ProSolo autocross course and they had to stop the entire event and restart 6 cars.
Told a college professor a Long drawn out story about why he should let me take the final exam after I missed a whole semester of class because I had to help support my Mom and unmarried pregnant sister - and the professor then told me that he lives 3 houses from my married and unpregnant sister.

But I've never been embarrassed.

Raypanic 11-25-2003 09:39 AM

WE HAVE A WINNER!