Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   pantera survivor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64552-pantera-survivor.html)

sean stinson 11-28-2003 06:59 AM

Glad to hear that it looks like all will recover and be ok.....

MIAMIBOYZ 11-28-2003 07:54 AM

Re: georges

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Geeter-B
No Sh*t???
Duh.....My point was if you think a boat 3 lengths behind going 90 should stop on a dime and stop to help your nuts. Yeah, I'll hit the brakes and leave more in the way for the racers behind me to have to dodge...
Maybe that's why I never understand what I read here....I thought this was a Nascar site with cool motor tech info and the members just happened to own boats.:p :p :p
[/QUOTE

AGAIN THIS IS NOT NASCAR,AND TWO PEOPLE WERE THROWN OVERBOARD.THE POINT OF THE MATTER IS RACERS GET CREDIT FOR STOPPING AND HELPING
CRASH VICTIMS IN THIS SPORT.

I`M NOT AGAINST OR WITH THE FOUNTAIN BOAT,
EVERYONE REACTS DIFFRENT, IN THERE CASE THEY
DIDNT HAVE ANYONE ELSE TO RACE BUT PANTERA,
SO BY TURNING AROUND AND SEING IF THEY WERE
OK WASNT GOING TO MAKE THEM LOOSE A LAP.

THIS IS ALL TALK, WE WERNT THERE TO KNOW IF THEY
DID OR NOT.

GeeterB 11-28-2003 07:58 AM

I've never raced a boat. Probably never will. I was going off what I read at the beginning of this thread. "Mr Pantera" was thankful for the guys reaction, and I went along with him in thinking the guy did the right thing. As for if he should have stopped, well, none of us were on that Fountain so it's all speculation and noone knows what they will do in that situation until unfortunately they find themselves in it. To bake the guy for not stopping isn't right in my opinion, but that's just my take.
Hopefully noone will be disabled after this crash, and that's the best part about it. Better to be talking about wether the guy should've stopped than how he ran over the guys in the water.

bad boyz 11-28-2003 08:30 AM

Re: Did the Fountain Stop?????????

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Geeter-B
During a Nascar Race, does the driver behind the car that wrecks stop to help??? No, that's what the safety crews are there for...Come on guys...Going 90 mph and someone crashes right in front of you, you avoid running over them, sounds like the Fountain did good, and sounds like the Pantera guys are thankful for his quick reaction. I didn't see the crash, but that is a little overboard to say thumbs down when the guys in the drink hoping not to get get hit say he did a good job.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/QUOTE

GEETER-B I GOES TO SHOW THAT YOU NEVER RACED
IN OFFSHORE,WHEN I RACED IN THE 70 AND 80 I`LL
BE SHOCKED IF WE DIDNT STOP TO ASSIST ANYONE.
IF THE FOUNTAIN BOAT DIDNT STOP I`LL BE THE FIRST TO SAY THAT THEY ARE CHICKEN ****S.MYPANTERA28
AND THE JOKER SAID IT BEST,WHO ELSE WERE THEY RACING SO BY STOPPING AND ASSISITING THE PANTERA WASNT GOING TO HURT THERE PACE.

NEVERTHELESS,LET ME NOT WASTE MY TIME WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS NO CLUE IN RACING,PEPE AND
JO I`M GLAD YOU BOTH ARE HOME AND RECOVERING
FROM A SERIOUS ENCOUNTER,THE PANTERA IS ONE HELL
OF A BOAT.JO YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU HAVE ENDLESS
SPEEDS STILL FOR THIS BOAT WITH A FEW PROP CHANGES.HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOON IN THE RACE COURSE LEAVING BEHIND YOUR ROOSTER TAIL TO THE FLEET.LOL

PEPE, NOW THAT I COME TO THINK OF IT YOU HAVE RACED IN FOUR DIFFRENT DECADES YOUR ARE IN
MY EYES A TRUE SURVIVOR OF THIS SPORT AND I KNOW
ALOT OF PEOPLE FEAL THE SAME WAY.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

GLH 11-28-2003 08:42 AM

I knew our tip top crew would find something to argue about.:rolleyes:

Sounds like the guys are OK, great, then hopefully you'll be back on that horse in no time!http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...ons/icon14.gif

GeeterB 11-28-2003 10:40 AM

If you would like to argue with racers only, there is the racers only milling area:D :D :D

MIAMIBOYZ 11-28-2003 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Geeter-B
If you would like to argue with racers only, there is the racers only milling area:D :D :D
get off it already

BRUCE SEROFF 12-01-2003 11:10 AM

Whats the latest ??

How are the guys doing? does anyone have an update?

JO - PANTERABOATS 12-01-2003 01:46 PM

Hey Guys,

First of all I want to say thanks to everybody that has been concerned and has prayed for my Father and I.

We definetely to took a hard hit and lucky to be alive.
I am back at work now with allot of back pain but will deal with it after getting a bad compression fracture on my back.My Father got released from the Hospital on Friday and is in worst shape than I.He basically has a broken ankle, pulled nerves from his neck and shoulder area, he swallowed allot of salt water,and they also discoverd blood in his lungs.He is in good spirits but basically told me that his entire body is in allot of pain except for his hair and belly button.

We went and won on Wednesdays race by a large margin of over 2 1/2 minutes in rough water conditions and were leading and pulling way in flat water conditions on Sundays race.

The boat came out of the incident in fairly good shape with minor glass damage.What a way to do some R and D.

I want to say Thank You to all the people that helped us out after the accident while we were at the Hospital.

From dealing with the Pirates,to checking up on us at the Hospital,to working on the boat and and running gear we could not have done it with out their help.

A special thanks goes to Angel Martinez and his Wife
( Pantera24 on OSO ). Not only did Angel spend the night in Key West on Sunday Night he was up early Monday Morning with My Family working on putting the boat on the trailer coming back to Miami with My Sister and worked until Midnight pulling the motors out.

Bill Grannis,Steve from OSO,Titos,BJ Maher,Mindy from Doller, Eric Treadwell all worked very hard on getting us through all of this. Almost forgot Debbie Fleishman from OPBRA and all the OSO members that sent us Emails and phone calls.

We will be back racing in 2004 stronger and faster than ever.

Regards,

JO- Pantera Boats

JO - PANTERABOATS 12-01-2003 01:51 PM

I new I forgot one person that worked very hard with us that is on OSO member and a great friend Albert (My Pantera28).He worked on Thursday till late replacing Gimballs and after the Accident worked very hard on the boat.

Thanks Albert,

JO :)