Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is Flordia really that Good to live in ?? >

Is Flordia really that Good to live in ??

Notices

Is Flordia really that Good to live in ??

Old 11-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Flordia really that Good to live in ??

have a oppturnity to go possibly go to work on the west side of the state FL that is. What I was wondering is Flordia as nice as they say..have heard many nice things..But does it get that hot in the summer and can you boat or is it not like it use to be with the manatee now wake zone ??? look forward to the imput??? thanks RUDY
Old 11-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really don't think it's that hot here. Honestly, it doesn't get much above 92 in this area. It can be really humid in the summer months, but it's livable. After your first year, you'll hardly notice, only that you get cold when it dips under 70.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:49 PM
Registered

Tell me about it. When I was visiting last February, I heard people complaining about how they had to eat inside at the restaurants because it was too cold out. My god, it was in the mid 60's. When I left Pittsburgh, it was 14 degrees and that did not include windchill.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:50 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd live there but my wife say's NO!!!!!! Nick you got a backyard I can set up my tent in??
Old 11-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Registered

Let's see... Nice boating weather all year long, plenty of water to boat on, and no state income tax.

Sounds almost as good as Texas!
Old 11-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Baja Daze
I really don't think it's that hot here. Honestly, it doesn't get much above 92 in this area. It can be really humid in the summer months, but it's livable. After your first year, you'll hardly notice, only that you get cold when it dips under 70.
Agreed,

I have bben here for 1 1/2 years, first summer seemed hotter than H@ll, First winter, was frickin Beutiful nothin like going boating in Jan, then calling your buddies up, to find out they are outside shovelin SNOW!!!!! Second summer, never really noticed how hot it was til boating one day, left the house with a cooler full of beer and Ice in the boat, made a half hour trip to the ramp, and a one hour ride to the island, throw the anchor, reach in, and nothing but beer in cold water, when I lived in CT, The ice would stay all day. Now that the second winter is here, I can tell I have adjusted, I was actually cold in Key West over the weekend!!!!!

As far as the no-wake zones, We hate them, but it is a fact of life we have to deal with, You can do what ever you want once you get out into the ocean, it is just the canals you have to be concerned with.

Here is a picture to Steer you in the right Direction, you tell me if its worth it???????
Attached Thumbnails Is Flordia really that Good to live in ??-kw2.jpg  
Old 11-24-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Don't forget to brush up on your Spanish
That's one of the biggest deterrents to me.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:33 PM
Organdonor

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We have beaches lakes rivers and boating year round we complain when it gets in the 70's because were spoiled with so much good weather we hate to see any cool weather at all. I jumped in the pool on Saturday after taking a run on bayshore Dr. This picture is a good representation of how it looked on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails Is Flordia really that Good to live in ??-pic296001.jpg  

Old 11-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Troutly
Don't forget to brush up on your Spanish
Only in Miami. Plenty of english here.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh ya...btw, it was in the 80's this weekend, cloudless blue skies, light breeze, 1-2' seas. Priceless!!

Quick Reply: Is Flordia really that Good to live in ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.