If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    Nada at the present time
    Delaware, Ohio

Tell you what, you find one of those 4 position chips from WD laying around and we will take my 4x4 dually south!

Good talking to you the other day. I can't wait for the UPS man to get here w/ the intake!

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    Buy a GM!!!!

My Boats:
    2003 45 Sonic 3x575SCI
    Port Tobacco Maryland, Coconut Grove Florida
    We have towed a 43 Black thunder all around the country with a excursion with 35,s and a lift with no problems , and i have a 45 sonic and its not any bigger than the BT, Youre not going to stop any 15000lb boat quick with any 1 ton truck

My Boats:
    85 Formula 302
    Indy, St. Louis, LOTO
    Keep in mind everyone, that the trans and brakes on the X are the same as on the 350 superduty. The suspension is soft, but several have posted improvements there. the length is an issue, as is the SRW, but if the trailer is set right, and Boot knows how to do that, you should be okay. I might be wrong, but I think the GCWR is the same between the one ton and the X. (Be gental on me if I'm in error!)

One other thing to keep in mind - if you get in an accident, I hope you can foot the whole bill for damages and (God forbid) injuries if someone else is involved. I'm betting that towing 12K+ on a vehicle rated for 10K = "claim denied" every single time...

My Boats:
    1997 Black Thunder SC
    Lake Norman NC
    I thought I would give you my two cents. I was pulling my 43ft Black Thunder to LOTO with a F 350 PSD crew cab. It was not a dually. It was raining and I lost traction and had to put the truck into the ditch. Long story short, totaled the truck and my 43ft Black Thunder and I and the passenger are very lucky to be alive! I would NEVER pull a boat that size without a dually!
    Again just my two cents!

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    Originally posted by PhantomChaos
    Don't forget..........the 542 FasTECH
    You should get a longer Ex also.

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.
    Originally posted by Iggy
    Like everyone said, that's a lot of boat for that truck.

If you must do it, take your time allow lots of room to stop and watch the weather for high winds.

What route are you taking? Jersey TP to I-95?
    Tolls are going to eat you alive.
    Watch the tunnels in Baltimore, Maryland.
    The Beltway around DC takes a few twists and turns watch yourself. Virginia will have a few hills but beyond that it's pretty much flat. Watch your speed too.
    Should be good till you hit Jacksonville, Fl. Tends to get busy during rush hour. Past that and it's clear sailing again.
    Again, watch the weather for rain once you're in Florida. The roads get slick as ice when wet. Be cautious, don't let catch you off guard, especially with all that weight pushing you.

We use Ez -pass up here now . Just drive right thow the ez-pass line with the boat and only pay for the truck only.
    Good luck.

2014 OPA-APBA National Champion Class 7 .Hauling Trash 725.

My Boats:
    was a 89" Formula 311-SR1
    In the Mountains
    The insurance issue is VALID. I was told by several insurance companies, that IF you are involved in an accident towing something, THE VERY FIRST THING DONE IS TO DETERMINE IF WHAT WAS BEING TOWED EXCEEDED THE FACTORY TOW RATING OF SAID TOW VEHICLE. IF IT DOES YOU ARE NOT COVERED. CASE CLOSED. I had to upgrade trucks just for that reason.

Insure You
    I have to agree with Bulldog. It's not that the truck can't do it, it is can it do it legally? What is the GCVW that you are registered for. If it is not 20,000 lbs plus, then you could have an insurance issue, nevermind a big ticket issue!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast