Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Danny Desantis (WHO) !!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64664-danny-desantis-who.html)

Moisture-Missil 11-25-2003 04:50 PM

Danny Desantis (WHO) !!!!!

The SUPER CAT owners' group voted to stick together, And Wherever we go, the littler boats will FOLLOW".... KEY WEST CITIZEN ( KEYSNEWS.COM )

BK 11-25-2003 05:38 PM

Here's the thread:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...7&goto=newpost

THEJOKER 11-25-2003 07:17 PM

Look at it this way. John Tomlison and Hugh Fuller never complain or boycott races. I think the US-1 speaks for itself. They're a class act and would never make a statement like Desantis did. BH

CAP071 11-25-2003 07:33 PM

Do you think race participation will be different next season with all the different organizations?

Flashwave 11-25-2003 07:43 PM

What's the definition of a "littler boat"? With this mentality, Super V and Super Cat Lights will be littler boats once they don't have the littler, littler boats anymore. And people griped about MA's arrogance. Nice to know were the Super Cat Owners group is coming from before giving them the benefit of the doubt.

J

LarryD 11-25-2003 10:01 PM

I can only hope that was taken out of context ( the press does have a habit of that) if not it is in fact quite arrogant after all I would agree that the super cats are the creme de la creme ,however;a boat race weekend would not be much with only 7-10 boats . I as a racer I resent the notion that we are all lemmings that can be discounted as if only the supercats should have a say in matters and as was already mentioned over the years we have both received and giving help to some supercat teams ( in fact one team ran with a set of our props last year) so it is disturbing to me if some feel we don't count . just my 2 cents on the matter and again I hope that statement was taken out of context...

Keith 11-26-2003 12:10 AM

Larry, you're a class act, sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up at the Cambridge, Maryland race. Hopefully this winter will be enough time for all the players to sort things out and get the racing circuit running in the same direction. It's time to break some bread and work things out for the good of the sport, the fans and the racers.

One thing is for sure, we'll be racing again in Cambridge the last weekend in September, 2004, so put it on your calendar.

LOBSTERBOY 11-26-2003 06:43 AM

I have raced in almost every type of boats ,from hydrostreams to PX class . And watched every class run , as a racer you tend to always want to get in the class above the one you race in , and when you get there , seems like you want to get to the next one and so on . there is a natural tendency to forget the other classes when you are in an other class !?! But as a spectatours stand point the "big boats" are of course louder and faster , but let me tell you , the so called "smaller boats" put a hell of a show !! And sometimes i look at that water and i definitely rather be in our 43 foot cat with full canapie and roll bars with full time air !! My hats of to the "smaller boats" all those Guys are definitely troopers and deserve just as much recognition if not more than the "smaller boats " sometimes !!! Marc Lafleur Nick Carter's EL DIABLO PX 3

Payton 11-26-2003 07:02 AM

Maybe they should simplify the classes. super cat of course
little 1 , little 2 and little3
littler 1, littler2, and littler3
littlest 1, littlest 2 and littlest3

Maybe the could even have a super little class. :rolleyes: ;) :D :D

Every race is as thrilling to watch as the next or as the last race. When you think about what these guys are doing and what it took to get there. I have to give every one of them credit.

Popeyes 11-26-2003 07:18 AM

Marc is right. Every one of these guys who straps a helmet on and puts his ass on the line does it for the love of the sport not a 5 dollar trophy. Most of us have come from there and know that they get little recognition for being the meat of the sport. It is all relative, being in a 40 ft boat going 120 in 4 ft seas or being in a 24ft boat going 80 in the same. These guys drive all night, Wash their own rigs , wrench,etc... I for one appreciate and respect them.

Sincerely
Stan Ware