Things people do on your boat that piss you off >

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Notices

Old 12-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! This has been an entertaining thread. I guess I have been very lucky, because I haven't had ANY of the problems that y'all have had. I'm a pretty anal guy (just ask my wife). But, when I am on the boat, I take a "chill pill".

I never ask people for gas money. Sometimes my guests will offer, and sometimes I will take what they offer, but I never ask. I just figure that I would be here anyway. Plus, we spend 90% of our time with the engine off. Most days I spend more on alcohol than gas.

Sometime people ask if it is OK to smoke. I just tell them to sit on the swim platform. They do.

I own a bowrider and I don't have a "head", so cleaning the port-a-potty is not an issue.

I always have a towel on the sundeck so that no one steps on the vinyl as they load and unload. I store everyone's shoes under a seat so that they are unaccessable while we are on the water.

We always anchor in deep water, so no one goes ashore. So, there is no "scraping" of coolers.

No one asks if they can drive. A 600+hp engine in a 22-foot boat can get scary real quick, so people are happy to let me drive.

We launch our boat at the local ramp, but we always pickup passengers at a local bar/marina (Carlos'N Charlies). It is only 2 miles from "party cove", so if someone needs to leave early, it is very easy to drop them off.

My wife is usually topless at the lake, and most of our female guests follow her lead.

All in all, I really don't get pissed off by people on the boat.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

Now... If you want to talk about what pisses me off, it is other boaters. Mostly jet skis!

I really only have three "rules" while I am on the water:

1) No wake means no wake. I can't tell you how many times a jet ski (or boat) cruises too fast in our huge, no wake, party cove. It upsets me and I usually yell at them.

2) No aluminum. I do not allow any aluminum boats to tie off to my boat. Aluminum and fiberglass don't mix.

3) No girls, no tie off. My wife is usually topless and (I think) she is good looking. So, alot of "sausage boats" want to tie off next to us. I tell them to go find some good-looking girls and come back!

Last edited by Clay Washington; 12-03-2003 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:55 AM
Registered

Talking

My wife is usually topless at the lake, and most of our female guests follow her lead.

Last edited by impulsive; 12-03-2003 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Gold Member

THANK GOD I HAVE A THREE MAN BOLSTER BOAT,AND STILL I`M KIND OF PICKY ON TAKING ONE ON THE BOAT.
THEY ARE USUALLY TELLING ME TO SLOW DOWN, AND THAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF.I ASK FOR NO GAS MONEY
BECAUSE I GO AND DO WHAT I WANT ON MY BOAT.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate it if you make one little mistake and everyone starts humming the theme to Gilligan's Island

Roby
Old 12-03-2003, 12:35 PM
liquid lounge

No rules here, I'm on the boat to relax....in fact, i won't turn the key unless I've downed at least 4 to 6 brews.

Old 12-03-2003, 02:30 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally posted by SS930
How about when they don't offer a penny for gas!
Someone once bought me a sign that says, "This Boat Doesn't Run on Thanks." I loved it so much I've posted it on every other boat since!!!!

Needless to say, I'd take someone cleaning up after themselves over $$$ any day. I hate to see a mess!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally posted by Strip Poker 388
Here is a picture of my No Shoes sticker.
I need to name my boat . All my buddy's on the vhf call the boat No Shoes . I haven;t been able to come up with a good one yet.
Strip Poker 388

Only because I've seen your Members Only Posts, how about....

"She's a Screamer"
Old 12-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm basically most of these things people stated apply on our boat.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally posted by MitchStellin
Shoes...banned. Dorittos or any other crap that comes off on your hand...banned. Stepping on the seat first and not using the sunpad ( you know jumping from the dock to the seat) banned. Any open drink while at speed...banned.
Ditto to that man. I also hate when they have dirty feet and walk all over and then say sorry man I did not notice. At the end of the day you clean it up. EERRRRRRRR. Free riders as well. All about the boat whores who when the hear you are boating they come running with out offering anything in return.
Hunter

Quick Reply: Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.