Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Things people do on your boat that piss you off >

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Notices

Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Old 11-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the above and one time at the lake my nephew (by marriage) picked up a cooler off the beach and placed it on the gel and then drug it into the boat! I heard the scraping sand and went absolutely ballistic!!!!
Old 11-26-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered

I go along with shoes. I had someone ask why I was concerned about shoes in the boat. My response was would you care if I wear dirty shoes in your house? Next summer I am going to use air's answer.

How about someone getting on your boat & then telling you not to go over 30. After that trip I tell people that the boat could do 90+ at any time & if they had a problem with that DON'T GET IN THE BOAT
Old 11-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered

Pulling up close to the shore & the person that get out of the boat to hold it does not mine the bottom of the boat hitting the rocks.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

"Third", isn't is just amazing that people who get in a car/truck, turn a key, drop into D, push a pedal down and steer actually think they can drive a performance boat. "What's that rocker switch do? What's a trim tab? What does it do? You mean it really does something? What does trim a drive out/in mean? My Uncle Fester's boat didn't have those. Why are there so many guages? How can you tell anything with all that staring at you? By that time my wife is hiding my "black bag" before I can get to the Beretta. Now I keep it short and simple. Shoes off, sit down, enjoy ride, and speak when spoken to. Once after just launching Outlaw and waiting for "the wife" to get back from parking the tow rig, I watched a guy and his girlfriend in a new Donzi trying to leave the ramp area just hosing water up, out, and away. I had to yell to him three times to "trim his drive in". I got a blank look and then the infamous "what's that mean"? Once Deb got on the boat, I had to actually pull alongside (keeping my distance of course) and EXPLAIN TO THIS IDIOT WHAT TRIMMING A DRIVE IN MEANT. I told him he might consider learning about his boat before he hurt himself. He got mad. I guess I embarassed him in front of his lady friend. Then the unthinkable happened. Ran across him again maybe three months later at a waterfront restaurant and he actually came up to me and apologized and thanked me for trying to help him. Now that surprised me. The general idiot public just doesn't understand a performance boat is not a car and you can get in trouble a way lot faster if you don't have some idea what you're doing.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Women no complaints.

Guys shouldn't be there.
Attached Thumbnails Things people do on your boat that piss you off-cimg0172.jpg  
Old 11-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had a girl jump from the dock onto my sun-pad wearing high heels ...that pissed me off.

I have noticed I enjoy boating with people who own boats allot more than people who have no concept of proper etiquette and respect for the property of others.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hey RBR(bo),
Is that the bow of a Python under those girls?

Just thought it looked familiar.

Greg
Old 11-26-2003, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I hate when my wife tries to put all the crap she doesn't want to throw away on the boat. Like how many dam towel's and blankets do we need. Makes me and for some pretty good fights when I'm throwing the **** off.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok I can top ya all.... I found out that my boat was the no tell motel for a buddy when he was cheating on his women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freeked!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about the guy who wants to raft off you with the tampon-sized fenders and shoe-string dock lines?

The idiot who sneaks in when you're occupied and drops a log in the porta-john.

The friend who thinks you should do everything on your boat exactly the same way he does on his.

The guy who tries to pick up your girlfriend when you step away. He thinks you're pissed just because he's there trying to cut in on your action until you point out to him the shiny little chrome piece he's holding his lit cigar next to is the vent for the fuel tank containing 180 gals of high octane racing fuel.

Last edited by RedDog382; 11-27-2003 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Things people do on your boat that piss you off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.