Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New NASCAR Track in Mid MI. >

New NASCAR Track in Mid MI.

Notices

New NASCAR Track in Mid MI.

Old 11-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Allan4

Like it or hate it, it is progress. I can't say I disagree with you guys, and I feel your frustration. Tricky to make the right calls....don't offend the foundation while growing in new markets. What to do?

I REALLY hated to see the LAbor Day race moved, but I understand other things like Rock losing a date due to only haveing 60 or 70k in the stands. Heck, a Busch race at KY pulls about 75K fans.

Hard decisions, but great times. I jsut hope they don't alienate the hard core long time fans in favor of gaining new not so dedicated fans(not all of them ofcourse). All in all, the on the track stuff needs to remian high quality, that will help ease alot of concern.

They need to get back to going to race TRACKS, not race VENUES.

Old 11-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hopefully it should be cool enough up there so this guy will keep his shirt on.
Attached Thumbnails New NASCAR Track in Mid MI.-nascar.jpg  
Old 11-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allen4

You hit the nail on the head. I understand that things must progress and there were things they did I didn't agree with...Like cancelling races at North Wilkesboro and the race at Rockingham...but moving the labor day race was the straw that broke the Camel's back for me. I have been to a lot of tracks but after that move I vowed that I will NEVER attend another race at any track but Darlington again...maybe Rockingham but that would be it for me.

I wish them the best in their future ventures...but myself and many others are as good as done with them. Once Dale Sr. got killed I lost a little bit of enthusiasm...now I have basically lost the rest of it.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Allan4

Clearcut,

Yeah, I think you are plenty justified in your stance. I am not at that point, or even close, but I appreciate you concern. I hope you can find a love for the sport again. If you really like racing and want to continue to see live races, go to a local dirt track on Sat night and check out a good late model show...it will remind you of why you liked NASCAR in the first place.

Unfortunately I think there are alot of people in your shoes who have lost thier allegance to the sport they loved so well. That really sucks, sorry to hear it man.

I still love it, but having been a fan and closely involved in Cup racing for 15 or so years, I feel a bit of a loss with some of the advancements as well. The bigger you get, the large the target on your back becomes...an unfortunate truth.

Later

A4

Old 11-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still like to go to some of the tracks around here that are still like the old days. Myrtle Beach Speedway and Greenville-Pickens speedway are two great ones in SC. I used to love to see Dale Jr. run at Myrtle Beach, he was the man on that track!!