Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How big a boat for the gulf? >

How big a boat for the gulf?

Notices

How big a boat for the gulf?

Old 11-28-2003, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I can alleviate the money problem by letting someone else absorb the first ten years of depreciation. Of course, I may be buying a Top Gun to work on rather than a Top Gun to drive.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:02 AM
Registered

thanks for all the information. I know I didnt start this thread but I am lookin at moving down to Florida early next year and bringing my boat with me. 24 Baja 240 Sport. With a 5000 lbs dry weight and 100 gallon tank, it usually rides pretty good. But I know I will need something bigger. Now I just need to figure out how to pay for it.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:32 AM
Registered

Originally posted by dawezel
I scared the sh*t out of my wife and she won't even ride in the Vector anymore. There's a lot of difference between a 24 and 28, but I'm not sure if it's enough to get her off the dock.
LOL! (much in common)
Originally posted by dawezel
After reading your comments and giving it some more thought, I think I'm going to be in the market for a 38 Cig once I get to FL. If I go with something smaller and my wife still complains about the ride, I'll be wishing I got the Cig. If she still complains about the Cig, at least then I face the fact that she's destined for a lonely life on land.
Moved up to 30' just recently only for the wifey of course and she doesn't like the color of this one 'Lonely life on land' looks like the choice for her I'm really hoping she just gives it a chance before she makes up her mind to hate it ...... some get it .. and some just don't

Can't go wrong with that 38 TG