Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT...Bose Acoustic Wave 3000?? >

OT...Bose Acoustic Wave 3000??

Notices

OT...Bose Acoustic Wave 3000??

Old 11-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Luxy60

Default OT...Bose Acoustic Wave 3000??

Thinking about getting one of these for the living room vs. a big, multi-component, stereo set-up. Any feedback on sound quality vs. a component system would be appreciated. Is it worth the $1K+??

Also looking for input on their Lifestyle Home Theater system 28 for a surround sound system in the family room.

Thanks, Luxy

Old 11-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those little radios are very good, my parnets have a couple of the clock radio ones. sounding best thing if you have limtied space and you can move them. I have the bose surrond system sounds very good the sub is not that good though, I have heard the sony one is almost as good for half the price. I still like my old cerwin vega speakers better.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:36 PM
Luxy60

velocity,
I have one of the smaller CD radios and it sounds damm good for a small table top radio. That's why I'm very interested in the larger system but it's pretty expensive for essentially a large boom box.

As for speakers ...I have a nice pair of Klipsch Forte II floor speakers if anyone is interested. Great sound but not lightweights.....old speaker tech., big magnets in big wooden boxes!

Old 11-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Luxy60

Sombody must own one of these???

Old 11-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Luxy60

Trout,
Do you have one of these systems or are you just making a generalized statement?? Any small speaker is going to be bass challenged. It'll all about moving air, lot's of it.

Old 11-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Bose lifestyle 12 home theatre system.Its about 5 years old and is more than i would expect in a good stereo I highly recommend Bose products.The wifes car came with a nice Bose system as well.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bose sound ok for the money. However if you are talking does it sound good they absolutly do NOT. There are actually ver few things that Bose does well except for Market. Yes I have heard a large number of Bose systems and I have never said to myself this sounds good. However They do fit in small places so they have that going for them but aht is about it.

Jon
Old 11-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Luxy60

Trout,
You are correct, it is my $$$. I'm not a Bose diehard just wanted the details. Thanks. I value the opinons and input from the folks on this board......not just on boats!

What brand of system did your buddy go with? There is a HT/ stereo retailer around these parts called Cambridge Sounds Works....I've heard good reviews on their equipment (speakers mainly) and their prices are much more resonable compared to Bose.

I may check out the Bose store near here just to listen to the 3000 box with a couple of my favorite CD's. There is always Ebay...

Thanks again.

Luxy

Old 11-29-2003, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My .02-
You will be much happier with Cambridge Sound Works, WAY more bang for your buck.. Also check out the below website for consumer reviews on all audio equipment
www.audioreview.com
Old 11-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Luxy60

Thanks Trout. Good info. I'll check out the brands you mentioned.

TC - great link! Lot's of input from self pronounced audiophile's...how do you achieve that title anyway?? Seems as though Bose stuff is like golf, you either love it or hate it, no tweeners!!

Luxy

Quick Reply: OT...Bose Acoustic Wave 3000??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.