Notices

V-Rod ?

Old 11-30-2003, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V-Rod ?

My buddy is thinking of picking up a Limited Edition Harley V-Rod It's black with Metal flake flames on it It looks really sharp/ They made 200 he can get thgs one it's #19 of 200.

anyone know anything about them?
Old 11-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, their slow. For something that is being marketed as a "hot rod cruiser", the first time you come up against a V-Max or 85/86 Kawi Eliminator, get ready to be embarassed. ALL of today's "power cruisers" ain't. You're talking 12 second quarters vs. ten second quarters. There are finally some "semi naked" bikes that are running good now. I've run a dozen "V-Rods" on my Eliminator and it's like taking candy from a baby. And what's really fun is that they go out of their way to "go" with me. Have not had one yet who hasn't quit after just two gears. But, and I admit this, most people buy Harleys for the name and they are very pretty "paint shakers". I know, I'm just an "old school" bike enthusiast. I actually rate a bike on the way a bike performs, which was the original idea. It all depends on whether you want to be part "of the Harley crowd" or be an individualist. My two cents.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 11-30-2003 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have an '02 with a similar paint job. Its comfortable, well balanced and a good ride. I'd say its peppy - it goes fast enough for me, but I'm not racing anyone. Depends what you are looking for. The bike is a looker - it stops traffic - probably because it's custom paint (some little kids asked if I had it made by Orange Country Choppers) and because I'm a girl. But I am disappointed in its sound. Its quiet, more like a Honda than a Harley. I hope to find a way to make it louder, but even then, it won't have the potato-potato sound of a Harley, it'll just be lounder.

Look at all the '01s and '02s for sale. Motorcyclists haven't embraced this bike and those who paid over $18,000 new, and plenty did, are taking a bath on resale.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Registered

Bad Girl, very good points.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

I had a thread on this a while back, with lots of great responses. do a search.

I just couldnt bring myself to spend the $$$ on something that I wasnt going to use that much.

also check out www.vtwinforums.com
Old 12-01-2003, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE BADGIRL"But I am disappointed in its sound. Its quiet, more like a Honda than a Harley. I hope to find a way to make it louder, but even then, it won't have the potato-potato sound of a Harley, it'll just be lounder. "

My friend has a V-Rod and she had new pipes put on it and it makes it rumble pretty well. Check out the HD website and look under Genuine Motor Accessories and then VRSC/Exhaust.
You'll have to have the ECM recalibrated.

Check with your dealer about warranty.

http://www.harley-davidson.com

Sampson Exhaust

http://www.samsonusa.com/samsonhome86.html

Vance and Hines
Powershots
http://www.vanceandhines.com/pages/HVrod.html

Cordell
Attached Thumbnails V-Rod ?-hvrod.gif  
Old 12-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Registered

Graduating 1 yr behind Karen (Davidson) in high school and living three miles from Willie G. now, some may say I am prejudiced. They have good vibes around here and are very smooth from what I here. I have not rode one yet but see more and more with some serious customizing. I hear they are quick but that would be comparing to a traditional Hog. They are becoming more accepted and I would go for it if you like the looks and ride.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Registered

Did i here sombody say Aprilia now heres a bike
Attached Thumbnails V-Rod ?-mille003-2.jpg  
Old 12-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Registered

My 85' Eliminator...
Attached Thumbnails V-Rod ?-eliminator-1.jpg  
Old 12-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

The sound level was something that the company was forced into. Look at the size of those muffs. At least the pipes arn't ugly. In fact the bike is pretty good looker.

Quick Reply: V-Rod ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.