Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Someone tell me if I'm heading in the wrong path? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64947-someone-tell-me-if-im-heading-wrong-path.html)

super termoli 12-01-2003 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've posted it already on another thread so sorry to all those who've seen it for repeating myself...

This is a 50' x 10'. Powered by three engine choices:

1. 4 x Yanmar 440hp, ZF 110 2-speed trannie, 84 mph

2. 3 x Seatek 820hp, ZF 312 2-speed trannie, 97 mph

3. 2 x Isotta Fraschini 1260hp, ZF 195 2-speed, 103 mph

All versions use Trimax surface drives in either single or double rudder configuration, depending on clients' request. Also used are SeaPlanes composite plate tabs with all hydraulics inside. In general, everything fragile inc. hydraulic lines, wires etc. are inside the hull and everything is accessible from inside the boat, including steering. Only stainless steel in water. Props are custom-made Rolla five-blade cleavers, six blades for increased payload capacity.

My dream was to find someone crazy enough to order it with triple Torque V12 SCs which produced around 1500hp each at approx. 1200lb. I've looked into it with Torque guys and it's easily feasible. Just the bottom oil radiator had to be placed somewhere else to get the engines low enough but no big deal, plenty of space. Buzzi's La Gran Argentina, on which this hull is based ran 140 mph with 4000 horses of diesel power where engines had a combined weight of 7500lb. It would be scary to see what it could run with 4500 horses and a combined engine weight of just 3600lb. Let's just say that supercats would have a hard time dealing with it.

super termoli 12-01-2003 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's another photo where you see the hull shape a little better, with twin steps...

SS930 12-01-2003 03:11 PM

:eek:

super termoli 12-01-2003 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also make a 63' with quad Seateks and this little thing which... I hope you are seated... just tops 15 mph in its most agressive form. Once OSO members see this one, I am sure to be submerged with orders and requests for more info...

Sean 12-01-2003 03:21 PM

you're heading down the wrong path. come back.

GLH 12-01-2003 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Sean
you're heading down the wrong path. come back.
I never taugh sanity would come from Long Island!!! :D:D:D

GLH 12-01-2003 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by super termoli
...I am sure to be submerged with orders and requests for more info...
"Submerged", love that euro wit again!

Hey ST my son has one of those, we keep it in the head in the Cigarette he plays with it on the beach, it's what about 1' long? Ours has Mercs (North American model) but yours undoubtedly come with Trimax's on it! :D:D:D

Choice.

super termoli 12-01-2003 03:51 PM

Hey easy there GLH. It's a whopping 24' overall and it's a straight shaft drive with a 60hp Yanmar. I guess you could call it an angled Trimax. However, I recently realized that this Yanmar is naturally-aspirated so I wonder whether I could whipple-charge it or something like that. Anybody out there with a performance kit for a 60hp Yanmar?. I may have to call Innovation Marine for that. The incredible thing about this little fishing rig is that it's just under 6000 lb. dry. That's right, 6000lb. for a 24' boat because we sand-filled the keel for stability.

super termoli 12-01-2003 04:11 PM

Troutly, that's an idea.

BTW, do you sell your posts? C'mon be a fair player, how much for 1000? It won't hurt you one bit and I could get some real respect with 1000+ posts...

GLH 12-01-2003 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
...they are worth at least $10 a post on the open market...
And if you believe that I have a supped up SeaRay to sell you! :D:D