Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bazooka Tubes in Boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/64977-bazooka-tubes-boats.html)

HyperBaja 11-30-2003 11:36 AM

What kind of turbo car?

When I get my RUF, trust me, there will be no stereo. ;)

buck183 11-30-2003 11:55 AM

Yellow,

No disrespect taken.

mama tryed was just asking a simple question about something he would like to do to his boat. I could care less if he wants to paint pink fairys all over that beautiful Sunsation.....it's his boat to do with what he pleases. Our job is to tell him the best place to get it done and what places or products we have had good or bad luck with. Simple.

Why hijack a thread over something one doesn't prefer?

Buck

Raypanic 11-30-2003 12:50 PM

I put one on my PQ, it helped the bass alot. It even came with a remote contrl for corssover and power level. I installed it under the rear bench.

BAJA WILL 11-30-2003 02:20 PM

I am not a big fan of the bass tubes or free air subs. I would say custom design a box and put two Kicker 10s in there and max the power(amp). Yoiu will not be disappointed. However, if you up the bass you might as well up the rest of it, tweeters, mids, cd, and subs.

WILL:D

Griff 11-30-2003 05:59 PM

Do you really think that the added weight of an amp and sub will make any difference in how fast a boat, or car for that matter, is?????

mama tryed 11-30-2003 06:13 PM

Yellowbird; I ENJOY IT when I have a Boat load of Naked Women dancing on my Boat!! Alot!! I'll be dancing and you can look at your new Guages!!

Raypanic,, Did you cut Holes out, under the Bench Seat?

27Fountain; you are exactly right, but it would cost a lot more money going that route!! and Space!!

Buck,, :D :D Where's the HAT???

97BossHammer 11-30-2003 07:15 PM

Go with the Bazooka's. Circuit City had a sale on the amplified 8 inch's for $79/each I believe. Thats what I'm planning to put in mine. Great sounding subs, and they don't take up much room at all.

TopSpin80 11-30-2003 07:27 PM

Hyper is right the subs 'speakers' in those things suck, and the acoustics of a tube surrounding a speaker isn't that good. as the speaker hits, or makes a low frequency sound the cone contracts compressing the air inside of the enclosure. When the enclosure is equidistant from the speaker ei. tube around speaker. all walls act simultaneously against the speaker evenly, this is why some stereo systems have a certain resonance frequency. If you don't care about good sound or some people can't even tell the difference then they are the cheapest way to go. However for good crisp bass your box needs to be designed to the specs of the speaker and the distances which the pressurized air hits the insides of the enclosure are very important. Some people even build enclosures which have mazes inside just for this purpose. Bazooka is the cheap way to go and if you are happy with the sound they produce then go with them, but try to test them in the boat, at an audio store, so you can make sure.

Ernie

HyperBaja 11-30-2003 07:28 PM

Originally posted by TopSpin80
Hyper is right the subs 'speakers' in those things suck, and the acoustics of a tube surrounding a speaker isn't that good. as the speaker hits, or makes a low frequency sound the cone contracts compressing the air inside of the enclosure. When the enclosure is equidistant from the speaker ei. tube around speaker. all walls act simultaneously against the speaker evenly, this is why some stereo systems have a certain resonance frequency. If you don't care about good sound or some people can't even tell the difference then they are the cheapest way to go. However for good crisp bass your box needs to be designed to the specs of the speaker and the distances which the pressurized air hits the insides of the enclosure are very important. Some people even build enclosures which have mazes inside just for this purpose. Bazooka is the cheap way to go and if you are happy with the sound they produce then go with them, but try to test them in the boat, at an audio store, so you can make sure.

Ernie

Thats what I was thinking.... ;)

buck183 11-30-2003 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by mama tryed
Yellowbird; I ENJOY IT when I have a Boat load of Naked Women dancing on my Boat!! Alot!! I'll be dancing and you can look at your new Guages!!

Raypanic,, Did you cut Holes out, under the Bench Seat?

27Fountain; you are exactly right, but it would cost a lot more money going that route!! and Space!!

Buck,, :D :D Where's the HAT???

This just might be the new boat attire. I am taking votes as we speak. Get yours in now!!!

Buck