If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue

My Boats:
    boat less
    good site . they cost a few coins that is for sure. thanks

YOu can go to Lowes or HOme Depto and find one for a few hundred or less. Honeywell makes them and there are plenty of other brands.

2 Keys:
    1. Get a true HEPA. You want the filter to handle 99.97% of all microbs, pollens, etc. That rating is a HEPA rating.

2. Get one that collects the air from below, then blows upward (from ground toward ceiling), not the other way around. It stirs up too much setteled dust that way.

These are pretty simple systems, really. The HEPA filter is what makes it work. Remember though, they can only do so much. You canont ecpect them to totally clean a room full of sawdust and debris...etc. A well moderately maintained environment is key.

I am not saying the Ionic Breeze or Ozone machines do not work, some peope swear by them, all I am saying is that they HEPA is the genreal consesnus for proven methods and is safe and inexpensive. A combo of UV light and HEPA is the ultimate.

Hope this helps.....

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    My father has them and they work the BALLS!!! He loves them and when you pull that thing out to clean it you KNOW it is working.

Put your best foot forward!

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tinkerer's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
    ALTO, MI
    Why not just have an Electronic Air Cleaner installed on your forced air furnace.

They work in the same way as the ionic breeze but they are MUCH bigger and more efficient. They take a ton of crap out of the air. But they only work when the furnace blower is on so if you run the blower constant you will have a system that will be drawing from every room that has a return air duct.
    Just remember that no filtration system will clean a room if more dirt is gettting in than is being taken out.
    Follow the instructions closely.
    I install them and for the price of the other unit you can just about get a good EAC installed.
    Hey even if it ain't broke it's still fun to tinker with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12