Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pantera Boat Company Grade Card for 2001 to Present (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65102-pantera-boat-company-grade-card-2001-present.html)

JROMY 12-01-2003 07:55 PM

I don't know if everyone knows something about StraightRipped that I don't (and maybe it is some ploy to start bashing Pantera)- but for someone new to performance boats I think that there is every right to ask the question. I thought super termoli's answer was perfectly fine also. Why is the immediate answer by everyone else to attack him. Why not just answer the question? Obviously we've all heard great things about Pantera. Unfortunately I had also always heard great things about Powerplay and I know damn well if I had ever posted the question about their financial stability I would have never heard the end of it.....until the bankruptcy filing. By no means am I implying Pantera is in Powerplay's position, but for Gods sake - let people ask the questions, and let people post some real answers (assuming they are backed up by fact). Honestly if someone is fairly new to performance boating - isn't this where you ask the questions? They are going to have heard the bs from salesman for every other brand and need knowledgeable people here to give them some good input. My $.02

BRUCE SEROFF 12-01-2003 07:56 PM

Bottom line......

Talk to Pantera...we dont know what their business status is. If you have concerns regarding their ability to procure engines and drives, have them assure you. Put your concerns in writing. Dont pay in full up front and when the drive train arrives, ask for serial #s before you write the next check. If you are not comfortable with the deal that you make, walk away..period. you wont hurt their feelings.

I think the best way to start this thread would be :

Pantera boats.....

Im considering buying a Pantera in the near future. What kind of experiences (pos/ neg) have you had and does the company deliver their product on time?

thank you for your input.

No need to trash them with rumors.

StraightRipped 12-01-2003 07:58 PM

Originally posted by HyperBaja
If you are using scarcasm, I must ask where were you at my age? Do I say it is my boat as in I own it? No.

Yes, that is called sarcasm. Why are you trying to compare yourself to me. Refer to post #1.

dockrocker 12-01-2003 07:58 PM

Originally posted by StraightRipped
In business terms, it is not unusual. I am just concerned if there is an outstanding debt and if Pantera can purchase more motors, of course if they have the funds. Ask a simple question and can never get a simple answer.
Maybe - and this is just a thought - you should direct your question at someone that could answer. Maybe someone like, oh, the owners of Pantera boats. :eek: Or perhaps someone at Mercruiser. :eek: :eek:

Or, you could post an anonymous pile of steaming innuendo on an internet message board implying that there are "rumors" of debt problems at a particular builder, never mention any specifics, and state that these rumors were voiced by unspecificed competitors of the builder. Yeah, that's the way I'd go. :rolleyes:

Payton 12-01-2003 08:00 PM

This guy really know how to make friends.:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like most guys around here really like thier Panteras or have a lot of respect for the company.
Maybe you should try another board to ask this question, or try another thread and go talk to Jo and Pepe yourself.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Von Bongo 12-01-2003 08:01 PM

OK, well I give them a B for building my 2003 Pantera..it would have been an a except for the late delivery...that answer your question?

I could go into the steps I went to investigate the company before I had it built, who I talked to at Mercs credit department for a reference and what they had to say about pantera and small builders in general, as well as coast guard information searches, local county and distric court searches, UCC searches to see who had security agreements filed..my conversations with south florida trailers and Myco, I could go on but I fear it is wasted on your agenda..all to satisfy myself I wanted to spend $100K with them...and I did

I guess you should just continue to rely on rumor...people (like myself) who are actually going to and did buy a boat a boat looks into facts..not claims made by competitors. I had a file literally 5 inches thick...

But hey it's your money maybe you should just buy used...

Taking my GED and leaving...oh yea, whom were your "rumors" heard from because you didn't reply to that part of my post.

HyperBaja 12-01-2003 08:03 PM

I may have come across harsh. I will admit it. I read it as a whole new scandal. Looking at your other posts, you seem to have something with Pantera. Some asking questions, some "claiming" something. What is the story between Pantera and yourself?

FASTTIMES 12-01-2003 08:08 PM

I would go to pantera with question and see below-

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=61063

StraightRipped 12-01-2003 08:08 PM

Originally posted by dockrocker
Maybe - and this is just a thought - you should direct your question at someone that could answer. Maybe someone like, oh, the owners of Pantera boats. :eek: Or perhaps someone at Mercruiser. :eek: :eek:

Or, you could post an anonymous pile of steaming innuendo on an internet message board implying that there are "rumors" of debt problems at a particular builder, never mention any specifics, and state that these rumors were voiced by unspecificed competitors of the builder. Yeah, that's the way I'd go. :rolleyes:

I just proved my point again. Can not get a simple answer without some jackass making some smart ass remark. Anyways, I think it is a good idea to contact Mercruiser, but not to ask Pantera, they could just tell me what I want to hear. Thanks for the info though.

StraightRipped 12-01-2003 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Von Bongo
OK, well I give them a B for building my 2003 Pantera..it would have been an a except for the late delivery...that answer your question?

Yes that does help. When was your expected delivery date and when did you actually receive delivery of your boat?