Notices

OT: XM Radio

Old 12-03-2003, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: XM Radio

Man, I've had this for about a year. It just flat out ROCKS! All the time!! It's Unbelievable!! I love listening to the "Boneyard" #41. I got it for the house and the car (take it on the boat too!).

It always seems that you hear songs that you would not think about going out to buy a CD for but are really great songs...the limited # of commercials is a plus too.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Registered

Too bad their customer service is the pits. I bought a vehicle this past may which has an XM radio that came with 90 days free. I called to activate the free trial and I specifically said to the agent I am authorizing the 90 days only and she said OK and did not take any credit card info. 90 days go by and I get an invoice in the mail to continue service. A few more weeks go by and I get another so I try to call them, long wait so I e-mail customer service. A day goes by and they send apology and say disregard the bill. No harm.

Before Thanksgiving we decide it would be nice to have for a road trip so I go to the website and sign up giving a credit card number for billing. Nothing. Call to get info and finally after two calls and refreshing radio all is OK. We get in the truck the next morning and get a message to call because the account has been deactivated. Call support and go through the whole thing, they say I owe $38 I tell them about the e-mail she reads the note on the account to write off balance but doesn't understand. Talk to manager, same story finally she says she will contact billing and call me back. After a few hours I get a call back with an offer to credit $15 bucks I told her congratulations she lost a customer of which she could care less. Sorry for the long-winded response.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Wow Z, that stinks. Fortunately, my experience was just the opposite! Oh well, what can you do?!?!?!
Old 12-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine; I think it is awesome. I used to have the FM modulated unit then switched to the Sony head unit w/ XM tuner and noticed an improvement in sound quality after doing so. However lately I noticed some commercials showing up on the XM channels such as Channel 81, 71, 8, 9, 47, and 48. I don't mind a couple every hour or so but I really don't want to see any more than that.

Roby
Old 12-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

After a looooong hard look at both I have decided on Sirius and put it on the Xmas list

Very tough decision they both have nice features but the no comercials for two bucks more a month did it. They also offer a lifetime subscription for $400. I realize the financial trouble they have had but for the small equipment investment there is not a lot to loose if they go belly up
Old 12-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have sirious in my truck I installed 2 weeks ago.... After driving to NY and back I can say...

it rocks.

Only "cut out" when I was under something like a gfas station canopy or going through the tunnels in baltimore...Once and a while( not often at all) when driving down the road under bridges and things....

I can say though that after 20 hours of driving listening to the same station, it gets old in hour number 3... but not having to search for a station every 45 minutes is nice!
Old 12-03-2003, 10:52 AM
Registered

In the boat I have a Sony CDX-CA710X which is "XM-Ready" (whatever that means). While I would like to add XM radio to the boat, I don't want to pay for a 12-month subscription when I only use the boat for 8 months (March thru October). Plus, I would like to only pay for one subscription and be able to listen to XM radio in both the boat and the truck.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Registered

One more thought... I sometimes have trouble receiving "off the air" radio signals while I am on the lake. Can anyone recommend a good antenna or maybe an antenna booster?
Old 12-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Registered

My wife and I drove to Michigan 2 months ago and after about 3 hours she said "what'd you do, stay up and record a bunch of music, it's very good"! Not realizing it was the XM until I explained it to her! It's great with little or no commercials and eliminating the need for channel surfing.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Registered

I bought the Sony portable. It goes from the truck to the boat to the house for one subscription.

Scott, that's three bucks/month more.

Quick Reply: OT: XM Radio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.