Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   This is a really dumb question, but... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65169-really-dumb-question-but.html)

formula1 12-02-2003 04:07 PM

This is a really dumb question, but...

This is a really dumb question, but where do you empty those darn porta-potties? Do you have to go to a marina, or just dump it in the toilet?

As many years of boating I have, I've never used one before. Sorry guys....:o

duunoit 12-02-2003 04:34 PM

Most marinas have pump out stations that they may or may not charge for. Now that I think about it, I guess you might be talking about the little removable ones... Seems like it would be a little too much for a toilet to handle. Just my thoughts.

Chris

CBlakeNS 12-02-2003 04:37 PM

We have one in our boat, but we have never used it either lol!

OBNOXUS21 12-02-2003 04:41 PM

The first thing I do is take those damn things OUT!!!

Then I just don't ever have to worry about it ;) :D

Sorry couldn't help.

gdfatha 12-02-2003 04:44 PM

We had one in my 24 Sleekcraft and would dump it in the toilet after every trip or before dependinding upon size of our group (usage).
Well, my EX would.. I gagged so badly I almost threw up when I first did it and spilled it all over the bathroom floor.

We had indoor/outdoor carpeting in the home bathroom..:eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Erie Desire 12-02-2003 04:45 PM

The toilet handles it fine. It's just a lttle urine. Right?
Never let anyone doodoo in it.

It's a good job for the wife!

;)

Raypanic 12-02-2003 04:46 PM

Dump it in the toilet, Put a close pin on your nose, line it up take aim close your eyes and DUMP! Dont listen ether. poopoo makes a kerplunk sound.

puder 12-02-2003 04:48 PM

i had to use the porti potti on my baot once. There is along horrible but pretty humorous story that goe swith this. Suffice it to say eth baot was on a the trailer and i had no choice coudlnt; hold it and there was no otehr facility. ANd one of my asshoel buddies (who was 30 minute slate and i was waiting for) shows up and is like where the hella r eyou? so i yelled back crapping in the cabin.

he realized teh keys were in teh ignoition of teh truck and summarily started it up and drove down the road. WIth the boat in tow with me on e the crapper. Yeah i was justa little pissed. He was on eth ground laughing....

point being there is generally a smaller storage tank on eth bottom of them you can remove and dump in a normal toilet. I'd recommened hosing it out and rinsing it a few times after you dump it.

impulsive 12-02-2003 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by puder
i had to use the porti potti on my baot once. There is along horrible but pretty humorous story that goe swith this. Suffice it to say eth baot was on a the trailer and i had no choice coudlnt; hold it and there was no otehr facility. ANd one of my asshoel buddies (who was 30 minute slate and i was waiting for) shows up and is like where the hella r eyou? so i yelled back crapping in the cabin.

he realized teh keys were in teh ignoition of teh truck and summarily started it up and drove down the road. WIth the boat in tow with me on e the crapper. Yeah i was justa little pissed. He was on eth ground laughing....

point being there is generally a smaller storage tank on eth bottom of them you can remove and dump in a normal toilet. I'd recommened hosing it out and rinsing it a few times after you dump it.

Damn Puder, guess you really had to go.....

R Addiction 12-02-2003 05:07 PM

Took it out the 1st season!!! It's in the basement so i have 4 bathrooms in my house:p

I thought they were a one time thing:D Fill it up and throw it out!!:p