Notices

Dont Buy A Dell Computer!

Old 01-17-2004, 11:56 AM
mlitefan

Hey man, I feel for you. That sounds like a nasty situation. I purchased a big screen TV from an online retailer, then changed my mind a few days later when they told me it was backordered. I had to stay on them for then next few months to get it credited.

After it gets investigated, all should turn out fine. In the mean time, I know how bad it sucks. I really do. Unfortunately, this is something that can happen with any vendor and fortunately it doesn't happen often.

I wasn't trying to diminish the crap you are going through. I hope it works out for you.

Old 01-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mlitefan
Hey man, I feel for you. That sounds like a nasty situation. I purchased a big screen TV from an online retailer, then changed my mind a few days later when they told me it was backordered. I had to stay on them for then next few months to get it credited.

After it gets investigated, all should turn out fine. In the mean time, I know how bad it sucks. I really do. Unfortunately, this is something that can happen with any vendor and fortunately it doesn't happen often.

I wasn't trying to diminish the crap you are going through. I hope it works out for you.

Don,t worry about sling, @ the rate he is going he will own Dell in a couple of years
Old 01-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just My opinion, But I think one computer is just a good as the other wether its Dell, HP, Compaq etc. I'm sure the majority of the manufacturers probably have the same internal component suppliers anway. In a nutshell, I think it all comes down to good tech support in my book.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Registered

As the Director of IT for my organization I have tried all manufacturers of computer equipment and although no piece of equipment is perfect Dell has met our demands consistently. HP/Compaq is more expensive with longer lead times, slower to market and their support was weaker. IBM had awesome support, like Dell's, but was much more expensive and also suffers from slow tech to market and availability problems/ late shipments. It is no fluke that Dell has been rated the best in customer service 12 out of the last 13 years. Every year or two I retest the market for our PC/Laptop and Server purchases and except for a brief period I was unhappy with Dell's laptop offerings we have remained a Dell customer for almost a decade. Sling your situation is unfortunate but I am sure it will be resolved in time. Let all 3 credit bureaus know of the issue and send a certified letter to Dell demanding proof of delivery for the printer. If that doesn't work, give me a PM and I will see if I can get you in touch with someone in the Dell corp to help straighten this out.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dell's "Award Winning" Costumer Service is a HUGE JOKE! I really didn't appreciate talking to someone in India and not being able to understand them. I bought the best warranty and paid for the guarantee. They were supposed to call me back on Thursday. Two thursdays have come and gone. I think I'll go outside right now and let it accidentally slip out of my hands. Dell can take their "Award Winning" Costumer Service and stick it.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:00 AM
Registered

The computer is only a month old.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called dell on a warranty issue. For one it took an hour to get the guy on the phone. Then I could barely understand the guy. He finally figured out the problem THEN started arguing with me that my warranty was out. It was in august when i called and my warranty was over sept 5th. I argued for the guy for a good 15 minutes, he finally got his supervisor and figured out that he was reading the warranty exp. date how they read it wherever they are at and thought it expired on may 9th. I told the guy that if he wanted to work with the US he needed to figure out how we do things.

Other than their crap service I am pleased with the product. No major issues, and always been a good value. I am here in Austin, 5 minutes from dell, and there are plenty of dell people out there. I hired one and he still has passwords for advanced support and takes care of all the problems now.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Hell with Dell
laptop was worse then the Compaq I have now

Was over at a friends house last week I gave tehm my old Packard Bell back in 1999. I bought that PB in sep of 96 and it is STILL RUNNING.
The list of things wrong, mouse first, keyboard second due to a childs miss grip on his cup of koolaid, the monitor smoked thier house up, and nowthe cd rom went last week.
Not bad for a Packard Bell.
It may slow, but reliable.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great and I have to call them about my 3 week old ( new) monitor problems
Old 01-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

an update ....just this week I made my controller sit on the phone and resolve this 3.5 hrs she was on the phone, talked to 8 different people, at the ende they tried leaving 56.00 on it as depreciation for equipment I never recieved..didnt make sense.

this was afer I sent overnite to MICHAEL DELL, copies of all my emails with customer service, a letter explaining my problem, and an invoice for painting his HQ @ 1 Round rock way in TX for $980k....and if he didnt pay it I will sue him and ruin his credit

Quick Reply: Dont Buy A Dell Computer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.