Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65459-trampled-woman-found-lying-top-dvd-player.html)

Chris288 12-05-2003 02:18 PM

Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player...

Trampled Woman Made Prior Injury Claims
14 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

ORANGE CITY, Fla. - A woman who was reported trampled by Wal-Mart shoppers during a holiday sale on DVD players has filed numerous injury claims against stores since 1987, including nine against the world's largest retailer.

AP Photo

Patricia VanLester, a 41-year-old former Wal-Mart employee, has received thousands of dollars in injury and workers' compensation settlements from Wal-Mart, records show.

Paramedics reported finding VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player Nov. 28 amid of frenzy of shoppers during an early bird holiday sale. She was airlifted to a hospital, where she spent two days.

Orange City police Cmdr. Peter Thomas said Friday his department found no evidence of a crime and has closed its investigation.

Wal-Mart spokesman Dan Fogleman said he had no details about the past settlements, including one filed by VanLester's sister.

"We're going to investigate this claim as thoroughly as we have investigated the other 10 claims that this woman and her sister have brought against us in the past," he said.

VanLester's sister, Linda Ellzey, said the woman suffered a seizure and other injuries caused by shoppers who trampled her "like a herd of elephants."

A case manager for VanLester's attorney said Friday that VanLester has not filed a formal injury claim against Wal-Mart from last week's incident.

Mark O'Keefe, a spokesman for the ambulance company that treated VanLester at the store and took her to the hospital, said VanLester was admitted to the hospital's trauma center.

VanLester collected more than $1,800 in workers' compensation claims for slip-and-fall incidents at a Publix supermarket and another Wal-Mart in 1995 and 1996.

In another claim, she said she slipped on a puddle of hand lotion in 1991 while shopping at an Orange City Walgreen's pharmacy, causing "permanent injury, disability, disfigurement (and) mental anguish." The case was thrown out.

Chris288 12-05-2003 02:19 PM

Anyone have any hand cream ??? :D OUTERLIMITS here I come.. :D

CigDaze 12-05-2003 02:21 PM

Sounds like she's a professional injury claimant. Nice line of work. :rolleyes: And you wonder why prices of good keep going up. I hate leeches on society.

ChrisK 12-05-2003 02:30 PM

She is Baja... I was just reading in the local paper that she has something like 16 siuts against them already in the past... has had multiple workers comp payments etc... her sister the witness is another one who is suing walmart and one guess who HER witness is!

robyw1 12-05-2003 02:44 PM

Originally posted by ChrisK
She is Baja... I was just reading in the local paper that she has something like 16 siuts against them already in the past... has had multiple workers comp payments etc... her sister the witness is another one who is suing walmart and one guess who HER witness is!
SO IN ANOTHER WORDS, SHE DON'T WANT TO WORK! You know my girlfriend works for a staffing agency and tells me horror stories about some of the people she deals with. You wouldn't believe some of the things I heard.

Roby:eek:

Chris288 12-05-2003 02:45 PM

ANY JURY that would give this DUMB BEYOTCH A cent is outta their minds..

CigDaze 12-05-2003 02:56 PM

Jurys??? Ha, what a joke...that's what has allowed her to make it to the 17th claim! :D :D :D

A jury of peers. Right. :rolleyes:

Risk Taker 12-05-2003 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yo, chris relax........go to your happy place..........:D:D

Chris288 12-05-2003 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Risk Taker
Yo, chris relax........go to your happy place..........:D:D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,,,, MY HAPPY PLACE ..... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Chris288 12-05-2003 02:59 PM

Hey,,, that isn't a tootsie pop is it ??? :confused: :D