Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well.... Boot = 0, Excursion Transmission = 1 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65503-well-boot-%3D-0-excursion-transmission-%3D-1-a.html)

Sydwayz 12-05-2003 09:06 PM

Well.... Boot = 0, Excursion Transmission = 1

You guys are gonna find out soon enough.
The tranny bit the dust on the Excursion. I think its a load of crap. There is no way that should have happened. That powertrain should have been rock solid.

I just happened to be coming down Rt. 1, in Woodbridge, VA; and saw the boat parked lonesome in a shopping center. There was no way it wasn't him. Boot (Joe) and Sandy were around the corner at the Ford dealer.

The mechanic helped move the boat to a safe location, and we got Boot and Ms. Boot settled into a hotel.

The owner of the Excursion/Sonic (Boot's buddy in NJ) is looking for an experienced hauler to take the Sonic the rest of the way to Hollywood, FL. If anyone is available, stick a post up here, and I will put you in touch with Boot. He's probably leaving the area tomorrow, so I can help out with boat logistics.

No, I am not taking it down with my AV. :D Damn thing just got over its own transmission hiccups.

Aqua-Holic 12-05-2003 09:09 PM

That sucks!!!!!!!!!

CAP071 12-05-2003 09:50 PM

No way that blows

puder 12-05-2003 09:52 PM

damn taht really sucks

Jolley 12-05-2003 09:59 PM

Damnit.............:(

ChrisK 12-05-2003 10:16 PM

but this just goes to show you the power of OSO Again.. what are the chances of someone driving by and KNOWING someone?

Sydwayz 12-05-2003 10:56 PM

Chris, I gotta tell ya, I NEVER take that road. Just happened to be in the area, and was avoiding afternoon traffic with a different route. Small fricking world and a big OSO community. Next week I expect to run into Timucin changing a tire on I-95. :D

I wish I could have met Boot and Sandy under better circumstances. :(

Audiofn 12-05-2003 11:23 PM

Have Boot Call Biggus on the board. Not sure if he can do it but he does make that trip regularly. Only problem is the boat is already half way there already. Brian call me tomarrow and I will give you Kurts number. My phone number is (978) 985-0639

Jon

MitchStellin 12-06-2003 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As an owner of an X I am bummed but that is a huge haul and a push for any truck short of a Semi. A bigger cooler was a must and speeds of 65 should be the max. I plan on a 33-35ft boat in the spring and I am adding a cooler, air bags, and X code springs to the front (350 springs with the plow package) and 350 block to the back. This and slow starts (this is where the TC slips the most and burns up) that alone will save a ton. Oh well, now it is time for a built TCI that can handle 1000hp.:D All trucks that work blow a tranny, just never put a stock unit back in and it should never happen again. I towed 10,000lbs with a 1/2 ton and blew the tranny at 115,000. After that I put in a bullet proof tranny and it is still strong at 200,000 (I see the Dodge on the road all the time).

Biggus 12-06-2003 07:33 AM

Sorry to hear the bad news, I was wondering if the "X" would really be able to handle that big load.

I wish I could help but we are getting hit with a snow storm and my plate is full at the moment.

Boot, hope all turns out well.

Kurt