Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   102 mph 37' GTX w/575's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65511-102-mph-37-gtx-w-575s.html)

Strip Poker 388 12-06-2003 02:03 PM

I do not like the color . Just me though.

so thats 15-20 faster that its competors???

105mph_38_2003 12-06-2003 03:01 PM

Originally posted by BajaRunner
That thing is killer....whats the price?
$390k

I already have talked to Manning about building me a trailer. I wanted to get an epoxy hull 37' and was very close to buying from Ocean Performance before winter set it. I might custom order a 37' GTX epoxy with a half cabin and 525's if I can get it within 6 months. I was undecided between a GTX or Stiletto but knew that I wanted epoxy for sure. Paul said the boat is to light for big power but if I step up to a 42' then the sky is the limit...But I don't have that kind of money to spend on a boat;) Maybe in 2 years:cool:

candyman35 12-06-2003 04:54 PM

That boat is hot!!! That's fantastic numbers with small power.

Dan

LapseofReason 12-06-2003 05:13 PM

They cost to much and don't pay you to race them. Didn't Formula have some program they would pay your way if you ran six races in a season?

Smarty 12-06-2003 05:23 PM

I like the looks of the boat, but there is no way in hell that boat will run 108 on stock 575's. If the GPS did read 108mph on the tattle-tale, it must have been recorded while being towed!

Smarty 12-06-2003 05:24 PM

Excuse me 102 mph, sorry fopr the mistake -still don't think so!

outerlimits 12-06-2003 05:44 PM

I would like to thank everyone for the compliments of the 37 gtx. I can verify to everyone that that boat did run 102 mph. I was the one to test it along with 2 other passengers and 100 gallons of fuel. It is unbelievable that 100 mph is obtainable with a boat powered by stock merc power with a one year warrantee and a half cabin. As for why we do not compete in factory 2, the answer is simple.....money is better spent elsewhere, and I think everyone is well aware of this. Being a privetly held company we think it is very important to spend money on product development to improve consumer boats and not one off raceboats. This does not limit us from playing with kilo records, after all "bragging rights" are important too.

Mike Fiore

Smarty 12-06-2003 05:51 PM

I stand corrected, does that mean I can get a 50% discount (just kidding)? Nice boat. Speed is still hard to believe, but I guess if you have all bugs worked out of it anything is possible.

LapseofReason 12-06-2003 06:03 PM

Mike Fiore, you are the man. I can't wait till I have one of your boat's,it will be in the next 5 months. used this time. As far as the speed Old School, wake up theres a new sheriff in town.

Smarty 12-06-2003 06:12 PM

I think Michael Fiore can hold his own in a speed debate, he knows a hell of alot more about boats than I do. As far as Outlerlimits being the big dog on campus, beat Reggie's boats in Super V consistently, then you have my vote as "King of Hill." If I had the income to avoid a Outlerlimits, Northech, Cigarette, or Fountain (I speaking of 37' or larger) I would buy the Outerlimits. So that may give you a point of reference of where I stand. But when it comes to speed claims - Sunday afternoon boaters will put the BS to rest. God Bless weekend hotrodders!