Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   102 mph 37' GTX w/575's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/65511-102-mph-37-gtx-w-575s.html)

wildthing357 12-06-2003 06:29 PM

"This does not limit us from playing with kilo records, after all "bragging rights" are important too."

Mike keep up the great work! Like Lapse said I to will be a proud owner of one of your fine boats, just waiting to get the right one.

outer42 12-06-2003 06:30 PM

old school,
mike beat reggie in the kilo hands down, when there's a sanctioning body that upholds the rules and a scheldule then we'll race. i have had discussions with mike about racing and building me one. when the b's is gone you'll see me or someone out there in a ol. right now we have a blast doing poker runs. Scott Applegate jus truckin
mike congrats on the 37 speed!!!

Strip Poker 388 12-06-2003 06:38 PM

What does it weigh??
What is the difference between a GTX or Stiletto ??

Paul said the boat is to light for big power but if I step up to a 42' then the sky is the limit..

Why would it be to lite??is there a speed on this boat that would un safe??

outerlimits 12-06-2003 09:02 PM

a GTX has a very small cabin and it is a sit down boat with a 1/4 canopie. The Stiletto has a full cabin with a shower. A safe speed for the 37 would be about 120 mph. A 42 is capable of running 150 mph plus.

Thanks Scott, I was very happy with the results of the 37 Gtx. I will be testing my new 47 gtx epoxy this comming week, I will call you with the details.

Mike.

rainmn 12-06-2003 10:02 PM

Very impressive speed. As for the paint, I don't like it, but I can't afford it anyway - moot point.
On a side note, I think that may the only Outerlimits I've ever seen that I didn't like the graphics on.

super termoli 12-07-2003 06:53 AM

Thanks for posting Mike Fiore. Once again, it's nice to see manufacturers themselves give us some inside info about their products. Can you please post the dry weight of that 37 GTX? As for the paintjob, some people will like it, some won't. But nobody can say it's not original and distinctive so you did your homework. Good job!

SLINGSHOT 12-07-2003 10:51 AM

hilarious

LapseofReason 12-07-2003 11:03 AM

No not at all, if you read anything I ever post you will see I love OL and will be buying one soon. I just know why nobody races them and Mike seemed to say it to that he would rather put the $ back into making the boats better. I have been racing for years and I buy what pay's the most to win on not always whats the best. So do your homework before you post trash.

LapseofReason 12-07-2003 11:15 AM

It's just that you took it out of context. I was answering the ? why don't they race F2 . You make it look like I was bashing them for being pricey. There pricey because they are the best. But if I was going to race F2 I still would buy whoever is going to make it the cheapest for me.

WARPAINT 12-07-2003 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice!