Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player... >

Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player...

Notices

Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player...

Old 12-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player...

Trampled Woman Made Prior Injury Claims
14 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

ORANGE CITY, Fla. - A woman who was reported trampled by Wal-Mart shoppers during a holiday sale on DVD players has filed numerous injury claims against stores since 1987, including nine against the world's largest retailer.

AP Photo

Patricia VanLester, a 41-year-old former Wal-Mart employee, has received thousands of dollars in injury and workers' compensation settlements from Wal-Mart, records show.

Paramedics reported finding VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player Nov. 28 amid of frenzy of shoppers during an early bird holiday sale. She was airlifted to a hospital, where she spent two days.

Orange City police Cmdr. Peter Thomas said Friday his department found no evidence of a crime and has closed its investigation.

Wal-Mart spokesman Dan Fogleman said he had no details about the past settlements, including one filed by VanLester's sister.

"We're going to investigate this claim as thoroughly as we have investigated the other 10 claims that this woman and her sister have brought against us in the past," he said.

VanLester's sister, Linda Ellzey, said the woman suffered a seizure and other injuries caused by shoppers who trampled her "like a herd of elephants."

A case manager for VanLester's attorney said Friday that VanLester has not filed a formal injury claim against Wal-Mart from last week's incident.

Mark O'Keefe, a spokesman for the ambulance company that treated VanLester at the store and took her to the hospital, said VanLester was admitted to the hospital's trauma center.

VanLester collected more than $1,800 in workers' compensation claims for slip-and-fall incidents at a Publix supermarket and another Wal-Mart in 1995 and 1996.

In another claim, she said she slipped on a puddle of hand lotion in 1991 while shopping at an Orange City Walgreen's pharmacy, causing "permanent injury, disability, disfigurement (and) mental anguish." The case was thrown out.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Registered

Anyone have any hand cream ??? OUTERLIMITS here I come..
Old 12-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like she's a professional injury claimant. Nice line of work. And you wonder why prices of good keep going up. I hate leeches on society.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

She is Baja... I was just reading in the local paper that she has something like 16 siuts against them already in the past... has had multiple workers comp payments etc... her sister the witness is another one who is suing walmart and one guess who HER witness is!
Old 12-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ChrisK
She is Baja... I was just reading in the local paper that she has something like 16 siuts against them already in the past... has had multiple workers comp payments etc... her sister the witness is another one who is suing walmart and one guess who HER witness is!
SO IN ANOTHER WORDS, SHE DON'T WANT TO WORK! You know my girlfriend works for a staffing agency and tells me horror stories about some of the people she deals with. You wouldn't believe some of the things I heard.

Roby
Old 12-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

ANY JURY that would give this DUMB BEYOTCH A cent is outta their minds..
Old 12-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jurys??? Ha, what a joke...that's what has allowed her to make it to the 17th claim!

A jury of peers. Right.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered

Yo, chris relax........go to your happy place..........
Attached Thumbnails Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player...-annablow.jpg  
Old 12-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Risk Taker
Yo, chris relax........go to your happy place..........

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,,,, MY HAPPY PLACE .....
Old 12-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Hey,,, that isn't a tootsie pop is it ???

Quick Reply: Trampled woman found lying on top of a DVD player...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.