Jupiter, FL Suggestions??? >

Jupiter, FL Suggestions???

Notices

Jupiter, FL Suggestions???

Old 01-29-2004, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jupiter, FL Suggestions???

I'm planning a trip to Jupiter Florida the 2nd weekend of March. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay, and where to go during the day. We would like to stay on the water, and keep the boat at the dock.

If there is a better place to go (in that general area on the east coast) please let me know.

I'm in a 21 Skater, so I don't want to run in any huge water, keep that in mind.

THANKS!!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:53 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you mean Jupiter Island, but I might be wrong.

Anyway, we cruised by it a couple of months ago. Hobe sound is fantastic if you like mother nature. Very pretty. Lots of cool places to see, one of the best is St. Lucie river state park. About 900 acres of natural beaches, over night camping. If doing that, you may leave your boat tied up at the decent docks there. Since we were sleeping the boat, we could not stay. Look out, it is shallow.

Ended up moored at Pirates Cove in the Manatee pocket, a resort with lots of charter fishing boats, a pool and an okay restaurant.

We actually stayed at the Courtyard Mariott on Hutchenson Island, great view of the ocean and on the beach.

We had hoped to kayak around in the cypress swamps and in the 10,000 acre Dickerson <sp> park, but the threat of bad weather chased us south to Palm Beach.

Do a google search for "best boating in Palm Beach" and a lady has a ton of photos and detailed information on several spots along Jupiter island. It is a terrific site!

Hope this helps, have fun!!

Last edited by CBR; 01-29-2004 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:44 PM
DJD
Registered

Originally posted by CBR
I assume you mean Jupiter Island, but I might be wrong.

Anyway, we cruised by it a couple of months ago. Hobe sound is fantastic if you like mother nature. Very pretty. Lots of cool places to see, one of the best is St. Lucie river state park. About 900 acres of natural beaches, over night camping. If doing that, you may leave your boat tied up at the decent docks there. Since we were sleeping the boat, we could not stay. Look out, it is shallow.

Ended up moored at Pirates Cove in the Manatee pocket, a resort with lots of charter fishing boats, a pool and an okay restaurant.

We actually stayed at the Courtyard Mariott on Hutchenson Island, great view of the ocean and on the beach.

We had hoped to kayak around in the cypress swamps and in the 10,000 acre Dickerson <sp> park, but the threat of bad weather chased us south to Palm Beach.

Do a google search for "best boating in Palm Beach" and a lady has a ton of photos and detailed information on several spots along Jupiter island. It is a terrific site!

Hope this helps, have fun!!
Damn CBR, spend time in the Stuart area & you didn't even call (or write for that matter).
That is where I keep my boat in the winter.
Just as your going out the St. Lucie inlet, the houses/condos on the left oops....PORT side, are in Sailfish Point.
It is defenately a great area osprey. E-mail or PM me & I can give you alot more info. It's getting a little late & I have an early day tomorrow. I'm back down to FL in two days!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the Mariott in the Pirates Cove location or do you have to travel to the Mariott?
Old 01-30-2004, 08:59 AM
DJD
Registered

The Marriot is about 4 miles north up the ICW from Pirates Cove.
It will be on your Starbord side, just before the causeway/draw bridge. There is a channel with day marks & I know the do stand by on VFH ch16.
Pirates Cove is a fun spot and Shrimpers is just down the river from there.
Pirates Cove is located in an area called Manatee Pocket.
If your traveling North on the ICW, you will come to "the crossroads". This is where the St Lucie River/inlet cross the ICW. Hang a port turn at the crossroads and take another port turn into the "pocket". There is a big state park right there (and a 5mph zone). Pirates cove is mabe 3/4 of a mile up on the right.
There are nice sand bars to hang out in the area and in Hobe Sound (south on the ICW mabe 5 miles) there is a spot where you can put the nose of the boat on the sand & walk over 50' to the ocean & a very quiet beach.
E-mail me if you would like more info on what to do there.
Dave
Old 01-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered

Pirates Cove is a great spot, its in Port Salerno, about 15 or 20 mile north of Jupiter. the only downfall is if you plan to run inside down to jupiter there is about 7 or 8 miles of no wake zone. I have lived in this area for 20 years so give me a call, I will answer any questions you might have. I will PM you my #
Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

In the mean time, check this out

Jupiter Info

Jupiter Chamber of Commerce

Last edited by ScottB; 01-30-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we stayed at Jupiter Beach Resort over Thanksgiving it was nice but on the ocean so no place for the boat. Shrimpers was great !!!
Old 01-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Registered

Dyno, We never hooked up, I forgot you were here because I was so busy with relatives in town.
Next time
Old 01-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ScottB
Dyno, We never hooked up, I forgot you were here because I was so busy with relatives in town.
Next time
]No sweat Scott we were tied up most of the week with family stuff too! I'll be in Ft. Meyers next weekend but for only a day or so next time I'm on the east coast we can have a few at Shrimpers!!
Don

Quick Reply: Jupiter, FL Suggestions???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.