If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Spring, TX

OT: Cingular wireless

Today I signed up with Cingular after all the mess that Verizon has done...Any opinions here?

The guy gave me a cool flip phone for $30 which was 1/3 the price AND he added an additional 500 anytime rollover minutes per month to my acct. So I pay $49.99 a month for 700(included in plan)+500(bonus)=1200 anytime rollover minutes, 5000 night and weekend minutes(nights begin at 7pm). Does this sound like a deal? What kind of rep does Cingular have?

I still have nationwide calling/no roaming fees etc but alot more minutes for the same price...All opinions are appreciated

My Boats:
    1986 Chris Craft
    Lawrence, KS
    I had pretty good luck with Cingular.

Right now I have Sprint because it works at the lake.

Go online every month and confirm that your account has been posted PAID.. Keep proof of all payments.
    Cingular posted my payment to the wrong account and I had to prove it paid...and they claim they are on an automated posting system, which i guess means all payment s will be posted to the wrong account!!!!

My Boats:
    1978 Pantera 24 (sold) 1988 Donzi 18 Classic
    Cape Coral Fl
    I just signed up with Cingular for the same deal you have.
    I have been with ATT for more than 5 years, went in to get a replacement phone and they quoted me prices ranging from $50 to $200! after 5 plus years of on time bill payments, loyalty means nothing in the cell phone industry, only NEW customers get it all.
    So far I have called Cingular twice. Each time I actually got to speak to a real human pretty quickly and each time they were more than pleasant and took care of the problem far so good!

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    And they have the one thing that no other company(at least in the FL market) has... Techs to fix your phones when they break!

OK here is my disclaimer now... I work for Cingular.. and guess what I do.. I fix the phones WHEN they break, cause well lets face it EVERYONE breaks a phone sometime!

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I've had cingular for about 2 years now. No complaints, good reception, good service.

My Boats:
    2001 Warlock 25 World Class
    I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...

Thumbs up

I've been with Cingular/Bellsouth pretty much since '87 (yes 1987!) and have not had any problems go unresolved. Their customer service has always been professional and courteous. I just hope I haven't jinxed it by posting this!

My Boats:
    353 FasTech
    1000 Islands
    I have been with them and their predecessor for 10 years. All good.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Powerboat Freak,,Cold Beer, Hot Women
    Houston, TX
    I need to check on that deal also.I have been with them for a long time. They only screwed my bill up a couple of times.

Which store did you go to? I need nation wide and no roaming fees on mine. I'm paying close to 200 a month for 2 phones. I need get my bill down.