Notices

APBA elections

Old 12-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Mike A.

Steve,

I figured I would return the favor since you were one who supported me for the Chairmanship in 1998.

Actually, I think you will see a new group of businessmen very soon taking over the day to day operations of the APBA Offshore Category and I know they are committed to continuing with the good things and changing the way I did some things. I am fine with that as I do believe in retrospect there are many things I could have done differently and better.

Anyway, I am enjoying my family, enjoying my law practice and really enjoying the idea of returning to racing. Enough of the politics for me.

But I do have some experience and insight that I will always be willing to share with anywho asks as I really do only want to see the sport of offshore racing achieve greatness, whatever that means. And I think it can.

So, if you are interested I will ask Mark to give you a call and you guys can talk. PM me your contact numbers and I will forward them on to him. Good luck.

Mike

Old 12-14-2003, 09:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best of luck Mr. David. Jo
Old 12-14-2003, 12:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Mike A.
Steve,

I figured I would return the favor since you were one who supported me for the Chairmanship in 1998.

Actually, I think you will see a new group of businessmen very soon taking over the day to day operations of the APBA Offshore Category and I know they are committed to continuing with the good things and changing the way I did some things. I am fine with that as I do believe in retrospect there are many things I could have done differently and better.

Anyway, I am enjoying my family, enjoying my law practice and really enjoying the idea of returning to racing. Enough of the politics for me.

But I do have some experience and insight that I will always be willing to share with anywho asks as I really do only want to see the sport of offshore racing achieve greatness, whatever that means. And I think it can.

So, if you are interested I will ask Mark to give you a call and you guys can talk. PM me your contact numbers and I will forward them on to him. Good luck.

Mike
If T2x and MA can agree on someone....

He MUST be good!

Go get 'em Steve.

T2x
Old 12-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Mike A.

Actually Rich,

If you put our past differences aside, we agreed on a alot of things.

I know one thing we agree on is that the sport needs unity for it to finally go to the next level. It certainly does not need another break away group of owners to form another sanctioning body.

So, if the sport needs an operating board of directors who are focused on the business, rather than one general, and a guy like Steve to bring people together, then I for one will not only be willing to give it a try, but I would wipe the slate 100% clean and support such an effort. If you are someone who can help in that effort then I would support you too.

Again, I am through with the politics and I am done being "the guy". Sure I would like to see the time and money I have invested in the sport for the past 5 years to produce something, but I am more concerned about the sport splintering again and going backwards 10 years which could very well happen if some real leaders do not step up and put a stop to it NOW.

The problems - blame them on me - can be fixed, the split can be avoided, and the damage can be repaired but everyone needs to put down the sabres and get to work. Fast!!!! Before it is too late.

Mike

Old 12-15-2003, 08:58 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Mike:

I respect your answer........

There's a line in The Godfather that says something like..... "This has to happen every few years...to get out the bad blood."

The sport has gone through these things before.... and, no doubt, will again. I believe that Steve David is a healer and a builder, with a very good head....and heart. He is just what the doctor ordered for this time and place. If nothing else, we can agree that the sport needs re-unification, now more than ever. But I cannot, nor will not, criticise the people who felt the need to break away...... They too, had a point...and it obviously was heard.

Now is the time to put the errors and differences of the past aside...and work for the common good of the sport we love.....not just for offshore racing...but for all of the APBA divisions...who have kept the flame burning for the past 100 years.

Given your extended hand, I will do everything in my limited power to help in this regard........ with the single caveat, that I reserve the right to alert the community, every time my "B.S. Meter" goes off the charts.

May I wish A happy and healthy Holiday season to you and your family.

Rich
Old 12-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Mike A.

Originally posted by T2x
Mike:

with the single caveat, that I reserve the right to alert the community, every time my "B.S. Meter" goes off the charts.

Rich
Fair enough.

Mike

Old 12-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking D I P L O M A T I C

Diplomacy in it's finest hour. I apologize to Rich , MA is being diplomatic and willing to work with Steve & Rich. All we need now is to capture Sadam. Holy cow we did that Sat. 2004 is going to be a great year! BH
Old 12-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve:

You have my vote.
Happy Holidays !!!!!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Doc... Great to hear from you!
Happy Holidays
Old 12-15-2003, 07:29 PM
Registered

I spend a whole lot of time, and a fair amount of money, supporting offshore boat racing, ALL offshore boat racing. I get rather annoyed when people deliberately try to undermine efforts of others, who are making a dedicated honest effort to bring a boat race to a community, and to try to benefit two charities, with no intention whatsoever of trying to "rain on anyone else's parade". Had I not gone through it I probably never would have believed it. However, I did go through it, I witnessed it, and now I know it. It was not just an unfortunate situation, it was downright embarassing. There are a lot of people out there that know EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. I'm trying very hard to be "diplomatically correct" here. Facts are facts. Period.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 12-15-2003 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: APBA elections

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.