Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   O.L speed record (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66025-o-l-speed-record.html)

GLH 12-13-2003 07:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used this for an avatar for a while. Kind of catchy!

Ron P 12-13-2003 11:32 PM

I'll tell you what. Read the article about going for a ride on Outer42's boat during the NY Poker run in the newest issue of Extreme Boats mag. I tried to put the experience into words, however no words could express the the feeling of running 120+ and hitting a cruiser wake on the Hudson. We flew it clear of the water and it landed straight, true and frankly I didn't even feel it land. Then Scott trimmed it up and we went onto be the first V to the Bridge.

Remeber that Scott?

Ron P 12-13-2003 11:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike Fiore showed me the speedo recall on Bob's boat at the NY Poker Run.

Ron P 12-13-2003 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was taken during the NY Run on Outer42's boat before he trimmed out.

Ron P 12-13-2003 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ZOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

epeek 12-14-2003 07:28 AM

Formulaz583. Well said.

waterspeed 12-14-2003 09:00 AM

Scott,

I thought you'd never ask....:)

Mind if I take the sticks?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 12-14-2003 09:35 AM

Originally posted by waterspeed
Mike and his company would drop anything to help another team, irregardless of their brand of boat.

Just my .02.

I agree with you there Markus.

Mike is a personable guy as well as the Outerlimits boat owners. Mike even took the time to talk to a guy like me, at the time only having owned a 13 foot mini offshore boat...
He has the right attitude, (Give everyone the time of day.) You never know, the one person you blew off because they may not be able to afford your boats, could always win the lottery the next day.
I respect him for that.
Now stepping into a 28 ft boat, I am content. But if one day if the budget allows, Mike can count on me as a buyer. Just for the reasons many have already mentioned above. Top Quality, Fastest, Safest, Vee-Bottoms available today.
Simply put, They are just such BAD-ASS boats!:cool:

Hmmm?:confused: I wonder how they would run with outboards.....:D :D :D

mpally 12-14-2003 03:07 PM

The way I see it, isn't it good for the sport having more than one manufacturer fighting for the speed record? Even though the vast majority of boaters will never experience these speeds in their boats, doesn't the r&d spent on these boats benefit everyone? Personally, I am glad to see OL take the record. It makes all manufacturers spend a little more on r&d.

formulaz583, is Formula coming out with a 58 footer?:D

lonestar382 12-14-2003 03:48 PM

Originally posted by mpally
formulaz583, is Formula coming out with a 58 footer?:D
:D I was wondering the same!!