Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66031-whats-your-favorite-single-engine-25-28-feet.html)

THEJOKER 12-14-2003 11:58 AM

Rippem:

I'm pretty sure Jamie Russell took that picture near the turn buoy (1) with his zoom . That picture is actually a poster I have and I took a digital of it. Heading out to sea around turn in Daytona was like HOLY CHIT. BH

denbo 12-14-2003 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
27 Activator
I couldn't get a picture up before - I'm trying again.

R Addiction 12-14-2003 01:05 PM

We own a 25 AT, love it. Handles the confused water of the Chesapeake Bay easily!!!

I do agree with BJM (2 time National Champion F-1) The Activator kicks rough waters A$$!! Of course if you know BJ's personality, the Activator and him (and you to Mark) were unstoppable!!! The Gecko Activator is still for sale, Right? :eureka:

JROMY 12-14-2003 03:52 PM

Originally posted by THEJOKER
This was Daytona 2001 - BH

That is an awesome shot - I'm impressed!

Indy 12-14-2003 04:49 PM

JROMY...I think you've found your next boat :D Obviously I have no problem spending your money :p Oh, and have Brian install the throttle on the passenger side too, I'll need something to keep me busy :rolleyes:

ITLLFLI 12-14-2003 04:49 PM

Rich,

Having spent numerous hours in the 28 Batboat, I will have to agree with MrOffshores post!

Brian,

That is a great shot! Were was Prototype located before you bought it?

Reindl Powerboats 12-14-2003 05:01 PM

Brian,

I have to agree with you sitting down makes you much more a part of the boat, and with all the high tech foams around today it can be the most comfortable option as well.

Nice shot too!

Chris

Reindl Powerboats 12-14-2003 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another shot of our 28 backseat and how it was built to keep you in the boat.

JROMY 12-14-2003 05:03 PM

Originally posted by Indy
JROMY...I think you've found your next boat :D Obviously I have no problem spending your money :p Oh, and have Brian install the throttle on the passenger side too, I'll need something to keep me busy :rolleyes:
LOL - Funny how all my friends are GREAT at spending my money!

I'm telling you - looking at the Joker, Progression, Activator, and the Bat Boat (and I've been in Poker Runs where Bat Boats were SCREAMING by) I'm starting to rethink the whole stand-up thing. I guess I really should try some of these sit-downs before passing judgement especially since Cigarette, Outerlimits, Fountain, etc. have all gone to sit down. My concern has always been the memories of hitting big waves in 20 foot Sea Rays and feeling like your spine was crushed. I suppose there may be a small difference :D .

Steve_H 12-14-2003 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Reindl Powerboats
Another shot of our 28 backseat and how it was built to keep you in the boat.
do you have an overhead view of the cockpit and back seat? pleasure version.

how does insurance compare to other 28 single engine boats?