Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   what's your favorite single-engine 25-28 feet? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66031-whats-your-favorite-single-engine-25-28-feet.html)

THEJOKER 12-12-2003 02:18 PM

BJ:

With a low freeboard & 7FT beam it would have to be a good rough water boat. Most of these guy's want cabin interior , high freeboard and a 8ft beam. Corsa is close to the same boat without steps. I raced a Corsa and it ran awesome in the rough. The best built ever is a wide open topic! BH

BJM 12-12-2003 02:36 PM

We all have opinions Brian, and they can't all be the same. I just did'nt like the fact that Just Once said that Pantera And Joker would out handle an Activator when I suspected that he had never been in either one.
Best of luck with the Joker. Nothing but good reviews so far. Keep it up.

Reindl Powerboats 12-12-2003 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is a reason the 28' Ocke Mannerfelt Designed boat was banned from competition in every single APBA class.

Although nothing could be taken away from the Year BJ had in the Avtivator. Here is a PIC from Key West of the Activator, just to show I see both sides of the story.

JUSTONCE 12-12-2003 02:41 PM

I have been on a 28 pantera and was very impressed, Have not been on a joker but driven boats that have similar hull designs. I find it hard to believe that an Activator would handle the rough better than the pantera. sorry for my inexperienced opinion.

Reindl Powerboats 12-12-2003 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boy these guys new how to keep a boat going around the corners!

Reindl Powerboats 12-12-2003 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Shot of our 24 and a Pantera.

Reindl Powerboats 12-12-2003 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A shot of an Ocke 28 on a Poker Run.

BJM 12-12-2003 02:59 PM

What's the cost of A 28 Bat with say a 500? Pleasure version, no canapy

Indy 12-12-2003 03:07 PM

Thanks for the pics Brian...Nice talking to you. The Joker will definatly be one that I'll consider for my next purchase. I think it's great having Tres do your rigging!! What a great partnership that can only help the sales of your boat. BTW...you need your own Owners Forum :D

offshoresteve 12-12-2003 03:25 PM

PANTERA 28!

The best rough water v-bottom around.This being said after owning a 33`fountain.It may not be the fastest boat but it loves the rough water and can handle well at high speed turns.I know this first hand when I had to turn the boat 90 deg. left while moving 80mph,in order to avoid a collision with another boat.The Pantera did not hook or spin out ,if it had been a steped bottom it would have probably rolled.Besides all this Pantera makes a rock solid ,good looking boat!