Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tres Martin (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66075-tres-martin.html)

TIGER-1 03-03-2004 02:09 PM

Just got back from Florida for some R&R and to check on my Tiger,which is at Martin Offshore for lots of upgrades.
The shop is well organized and very clean.I met Tres and Jackie and others in the shop,all very nice and professional.Lot's of boats being worked on and I noticed something that I thought was very good.As we all have seen most shop's use blankets to cover the interior,but these guys also use protective tape to cover the fiberglass were you would walk on to enter the boat,they even put protective tape on the outdrives.The shop is located on a side street,looks very secure,there is also other shops on the same street,looks like a mini thunder boat row.
Well worth the trip to send the boat from Maryland to Florida for expert work and awesome service.

Havasu Cig 03-03-2004 02:14 PM

I just Talked to Jacky a couple of days ago about getting some more stuff, she was also very helpful. Very nice lady.:cool:

PhantomChaos 03-03-2004 02:17 PM

Tres and Jackie.....a couple of party animals is what they are! Saw them in action again at the OSO party!!! :D :D

IDRPSTF 03-03-2004 02:18 PM

This should tell you a little about Tres,
I called him 2.5 years ago about a Cafe Racer that he (According to the owner) had done the rigging on. So I get him on the phone and tell him I am calling to ask a few quick questions about the boat, to which he says "Sure, no problem." I describe the boat (Year, Paint, Engines, Etc.) and he agrees that he did the rigging. This is where the story gets good:
Off the top of his head he described every piece of that boat. EVERY piece!!! (There was not enough time that could have allowed him to find an old work order, or look it up on a computer, It was off the top of the guys head) He knew the previous owners names, how they ran it, how much $$$ they put into it. Who built the motors, special requests for rigging, any and every change from stock. Everything. Keep in mind that he did this boat 3 years earlier, and its not like Tres isn't a busy guy. Huge help! I went to see the boat two states away and it was exactly as he described. The rigging was perfect. (Side-note: My buyer waited too long and someone else got the boat).
The point is this: Tres was accommodating, Knowledgeable about a product and services rendered 3 years prier, and a hell of a nice guy over the phone. His work on the boat was impressive as well. Very good to have a guy like that in our industry.

Thanks Again,
MD

Tres 03-03-2004 04:00 PM

Cant forget

when you service some boats, you cant remeber them all. But when you build and rig them they become like one of your kids, you watch them grow up and leave. I am on the floor alot involved in each project so it easy to remember alot of details. Hopefully each of you gets an oportunity to visit. We try to make you feel at home. Thanks everyone!:)

R Addiction 03-03-2004 08:22 PM

THAT BOAT IS SOFAKING NICE!! ;)

WetKitty42 03-03-2004 09:37 PM

:D

Tres 03-04-2004 07:59 AM

Sofa King

Not only does he get a nice 38 TG but,,, I will spend some time showing him how to use it properly, maintain it , properly clean it , and he will always be able pick up the phone and get any questions answered on anything he needs about his boat. I met Sofa king and he is first class customer, and I know he will be proud to be boating here in south Fla. Now I need him to get that Cig on some poker runs!:D