Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O/T: K2500 Suburban and Trailblazer..... >

O/T: K2500 Suburban and Trailblazer.....

Notices

O/T: K2500 Suburban and Trailblazer.....

Old 12-14-2003, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O/T: K2500 Suburban and Trailblazer.....

Ok, I'm in the market for an SUV for the mrs. and one for myself too.
Who can give me a hands-on consumer report on the 2 vehicles I just mentioned?
The Trailblazer would be new, and the Suburban would be a 2000-2001. 6.0 liter in the Suburban to tow my Formula 303SR1.

Thanks for the help.

Toolman
Old 12-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Hi Toolman,

How's the new business going?
Old 12-14-2003, 11:32 AM
Registered

Hey Macdad!

The provisions business is going well so far. This is a slower month but a good time to start for me so as I can get use to things.

I miss the tool business except for chasing customers for money! I think in the long run this will work out much better. I am now working about 40 hours instead of 60!
More time to spend with the family. I'm really going to appreciate it during boating season!

Hope your doing well. Have a good holiday and have fun at tool fair in FLA. if you're going.

Dave
Old 12-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

While I can't give you a hands on consumer report about these products, here's something to think about.

The Trailblazer....Should be a good vehicle. Some on here have recently purchased them and are very happy with thier purchase. But, the price difference between the Trailblazer and the Tahoe is not enough to justify IMO. Some say it is easy to justify, I don't. The difference in room, towing capabilities, and resale don't justify the small price difference between the two vehicles to me. I have owned some of GMs small SUVs in the past. I can tell that the worst I have been hurt on a vehicle as far as depreciation goes is a small SUV. The difference in price will more than be made up in resale down the road.

Buck
Old 12-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Registered

Talking

01 GMC DENALI XL 2500 W/ LOAD LEVELING AIR SHOCKS STANDARD TOWS MY 1996 35 LIGHTING LIKE A CHARM
Attached Thumbnails O/T: K2500 Suburban and Trailblazer.....-p7131714.jpg  

Last edited by TOMMY HIWAVE; 12-18-2003 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Feedback

Having owned several suburbans the 2500 w/ the 6.0 will tow just fine. Make sure it has the tow package w/ the trans cooler behind the front grill.

The Trailblazer is a comfy vehicle, there are a ton of rebates/incentives so make sure you get them all.

Go to KBB.com and it will list all the incentives. If you get a 2003 model they have more $ off. Also see if you can get supplier or employee pricing from some one you know.

I just got a 2004 Avalance 2500 for about 9k off due to employee pricing, rebates gm card etc. was $42 then with all the incentives $ 33 out the door excluding trade in.
Wannabe in Motor City
Old 12-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Toolman,

Glad to hear things are going well for you. The 40 hours thing sounds real good. Yes, I am going to Toolfair. I hope they have some good news for us, especially looking for an improvement to the current MA program.

As far as an all around vehicle I don't think you can do better than a Suburban. I love mine.

Good luck,

Doug
Old 12-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Registered

Tommy,

I have a Denali now, not the XL but I doubt if yours is a 2500. They only come in a 1500 with the 4L60E Trans.
I'm sure it tows your boat great, mine does too, I just want the longer wheelbase like yours and I want to get a plow for the next one, so I think a K-2500 is the better choice for me. (short wheelbase is kinda squirrelly towing 9000+ lbs.)

BTW, I always changed my trans fluid once a year, just cheap insurance.

Great looking rig by the way! Good luck with it.

Toolman
Old 12-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Registered

I currently have a 2500 Suburban towing a FORMULA 353 and have had no issues. I do however have the 8.1 motor, 3.73 rear end and the tow haul feature. I did change the hitch platform to a Class V due to the weight I am towing.
I also have a GMC Envoy XL with the in-line six cylinder for the wife. This vehicle is very car like from a ride perspective and she likes it but it is not off-road capable like a Suburban or Tahoe. I would have bought a Tahoe except it wouldn't fit in the garage next to the Suburban. The only complaint I have with the Envoy is that the gas mileage is horrible. Do not believe the EPA mileage estimates on the window sticker.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I have an 01' Burban 2500 LT package with the 6.0 and 3.73. It tows my 30 Scarab Panther with a heavy steel trailer with no problems. It's no diesel mind you.

Mine is fully loaded, it is a great truck for long trips. Much better in the Snow than any pick-up or SUV I have ever driven. The brakes are pretty good too. I had no brakes on my trailer and had to make an emergecy stop a few months ago.

I have no compaints except I wish they offered the diesel in the Burban.

Quick Reply: O/T: K2500 Suburban and Trailblazer.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.