Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My application to the NEW website Wetpits was DENIED! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66247-my-application-new-website-wetpits-denied.html)

Shane 12-18-2003 09:43 AM

Originally posted by GLH
I bet in few years Poker Runs will be more popular then racing, both by boat owners and spectators.
They already are!

outer42 12-18-2003 04:03 PM

let me tell you something,i support racing 100%.if i want to tell you something and say something i don't need a private forum i'll tell you to your face or post it.
i stated someone told me,if you can't read.
it was discussion only,no dealing whatever.
they just denied someone that is interested and may race again and that's what peconic said when it opened anyone affiliated with racing or has a interest.
there has been some very productive thread's in the milling area by gino and others, they don't need a private forum.
peconic has navigated once with kurt driving and a bat boat once or twice and he's mr racer and gonna solve everything by starting a private club,so he can support himself if he races,it takes more to race than the racers.

outer42 12-18-2003 04:31 PM

too old,first class poker run boat. we need to talk i do 8 to 10 minimum. you can crew. 42 gtx 1300 sterlings!!!

jus flame broiling!!!!

on the other note. Thats why i'm out and poker running. i have a oppurtunity as of today to get in to a boat with a excellent man. I jus want to sea what happens hope it straighten out and be back in 2005.

i'm waiting on the schedule from apba,funny there hasn't been any talk about it?

outer42 12-18-2003 04:39 PM

we'll sea,they burned alot of bridges and promoters.
should be interesting.

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
Nothing on APBA Offshore yet.

6:37 PM EST Thursday.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=66662

Mark look at the bottom of the announcement.
It's posted on the APBA Offshore web site also.

Dredgeking 12-18-2003 07:33 PM

Originally posted by outer42
i was told that it has parts for sale and swap stuff section. i guess it trying to compete with oso. i thought it was to be jus a discussion area??????????????
let the cry babies stay over there,theres some good discussion in the mill and being very helpful.

QUOTE FROM THE WETPITS HOME PAGE, "Lastly, this forum does not compete with other bigger and better fora. Wetpits has a very limited scope: Only the active offshore racer. And only for topics which should be discussed in private. We love you, Offshore Only! "

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 07:44 PM

Originally posted by Dredgeking
QUOTE FROM THE WETPITS HOME PAGE, "Lastly, this forum does not compete with other bigger and better fora. Wetpits has a very limited scope: Only the active offshore racer. And only for topics which should be discussed in private. We love you, Offshore Only! "
Goto the bottom of this page and see that it is expanding to Wetech, Wetsell, Wetswap forums also.http://www.wetpits.com/phpbb2/viewfo...9c50765a24618c .
I quess they need to sell their boats and ask their tech questions in private now to. When I first came here and started posting that was one of the Offshore racers main complaint was that everything was being done in private and not out in the open, so what is happening now?

Matt

THEJOKER 12-18-2003 07:51 PM

When I started racing back in 1999 there wasn't a message board or web site's to play on. We raced hard , adhered by the rules( which we didn't always like but we sucked it up) and that was that. The internet has allowed so much B I T C H I N G and whining in our sport it's pathetic. Now racers are boycotting races and they have private message boards to discuss the sport's fate, their rules , views , etc. It's really sad in my view plus many of these guy's are new to the sport and never have or will win a race! I've always been the one to promote and really try and help our sport but lately my interests are fading in a hurry. BH

Shane 12-18-2003 08:07 PM

BRING ON THE POKER RUNS! All this WetPits has done is take an elitist sport and made it even more self centered and conceeded. Is the following what possibly has gone through their minds??? "Let's see, shut out everyone else, others that have been down the road and may have some valid points and good ideas (i.e. EXPERIENCE), and let's keep to ourselves. And if we find that we may wish to grace other boards and people with the honor of our own presence then maybe we will do so. Oh, yeah, and all you fans out there that we always claim to be dependent upon come on out and support us."

Our reply...sorry fellas, we're goin' poker runnin' where we will hang with and socialize with EVERYONE! With a boat or without, participating or not!

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 08:13 PM

Originally posted by THEJOKER
When I started racing back in 1999 there wasn't a message board or web site's to play on. We raced hard , adhered by the rules( which we didn't always like but we sucked it up) and that was that. The internet has allowed so much B I T C H I N G and whining in our sport it's pathetic. Now racers are boycotting races and they have private message boards to discuss the sport's fate, their rules , views , etc. It's really sad in my view plus many of these guy's are new to the sport and never have or will win a race! I've always been the one to promote and really try and help our sport but lately my interests are fading in a hurry. BH
Brian,

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I feel that the Internet is making an impact on the sport and right now it may seem things arn't going so good but with open communication comes change, hopefully for the good of the sport. Because of the Internet I have learned allot about all forms of boat racing that I didn't know about before. I am one fan that hasn't or isn't losing interest because of the politics. I am doing everything I can as a fan and member to help the sport. The egos need to stop at the door, I don't care if your a multi millionaire or work for $7 hr at BK we all have something to contribute to the sport at one level or another. From the $1,000 stock outboards to the $1,000,000 super-cats we all race at a level we can afford. I for one welcome any and all opinions, maybe in one of them we can find some great idea's for the future, and fans are one of the best ways to find out what we're doing wrong, so to keep them out of the loop is wrong.

Matt